MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Happy Monday All,

A few days ago, I noticed a couple bumps on Ellie's upper inner back thigh, nothing major, and decided to keep an eye on it, it has gotten better, but I can't see to put my finger on what it was, other than maybe a bee sting, as when we go out to potty recently she we sometimes stop in the doorway, and not go out, or will avoid the grass at all cost till she sees fit....

If it was a sting, wouldn't she have had more of a reaction??

Just a curious mind... as usual

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
...a couple bumps on Ellie's upper inner back thigh, nothing major, and decided to keep an eye on it, it has gotten better, but I can't see to put my finger on what it was...l
She's got fleas! RUUUUUUUUN!

Just kidding
Happy Monday back!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
omg! I don't know what 'got' hank once, but he too got bit by something, leaped in the air and ran, and didnt go back out on the grass willingly for a bit. I still don't know what it was but this sounded so familiar. He didnt have a reaction, and I figure it was some sort of ant, but really don't know... Poor kids, they are so sensitive about stuff. Don't do 'pain' well do they :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This sometimes happens to Cheli... I think it is either the grass or some type of insect bite

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank often has red and elevated spots on his inner side of thighs, just after walk, and I think it can be insects, or some allergenic grass, or that stuff they spray on grass, pesticides etc. But usually it goes away in couple of hours. But nothing prevents him from pooping in the grass, what means that he loves to pick up the tallest piece of grass to place his...mmm...presents! And then I have to thoroughly scratch them from thick tall grass:bad:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Could be ant bites.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Don't know, never been to PA. :)

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I've never heard of ants biting being a problem here in Canada, would it be a problem in Pennsylvania?

-

Small forest ants that live in moderate climate like Canada, don't really bite, they pee on you with Formic acid and it burns, it is not dangerous and even good for you ( used to be a kind of irritation therapy for joint pain in old times).

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My dogs get poison ivy-so much of it here. Martha won't go out once it gets dark, unless I put a leash on her. She is still worrying about fireworks!:fireworks:

Members online

No members online now.