Slow Feed Dog Bowls

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So, im looking into buying a slow feed dog bowl for Duke. This dog inhales and almost lost him cause of that a few days ago. [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] sent a couple photos of these bowls (thank you) but had a question. There are a lot of different SFB out there. I was wondering if any members have them bowls, which brand, you satisfied etc etc. I waslooking at the Kong one....I would also want one that wont be moving all over the kitchen while my vacuum is eating out of it. Seen some odd ones like one looked like miniature mountains sticking out quite high too...figured for EB with their short flat nose might not be a good idea. Even have to think cause of their noses. Go figure :rolleyes: cheers!!!!!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have the Neater Feeder system, so the bowls are slightly raised and it keeps them from destroying the walls w/their water spills. I haven't had to get a slow feeder YET... I'm interested to see what people are using thought.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Bella used to inhale her food too! I just put a tennis ball or two in her bowl (since I have hundreds around) to make her work a little. It worked!!
She eats very slow now I think she may even chew and taste her food now. Lol

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I had bought the same one that [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] mentioned for Jax. It worked for a bit but then he figured it out so I stopped using it and went back to the elevated bowls. What I do now which slows him down a bit is kind of smash the food down (raw) with a spoon so it isn't in chunks. He kind of has to work at getting it now.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella used to inhale her food too! I just put a tennis ball or two in her bowl (since I have hundreds around) to make her work a little. It worked!!
She eats very slow now I think she may even chew and taste her food now. Lol

He has a porcelain ball and he manages to take it out cause of the speed he eats. Little bugger.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I would recommend the bowl with the most complicated maze inside you can find. These muffin heads learn so quickly, first time when Tank ate from sliwfeeder, it took him 5 min 30 sec, but in 3 days he finished in 2,5 min. But it is anyway better than 30 sec he inhaled his kibble from normal bowl. I used it long ago with kibble, with food he eats now it is not needed. I used this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XW88C3...16&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=slow+feed+bowl&psc=1

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
He has a porcelain ball and he manages to take it out cause of the speed he eats. Little bugger.

Lol. I actually thought she would get them out but never did, I guess she was so focused on on inhaling her food. Now I am sure she would get the balls out and play with them.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
the bowl with the most complicated maze inside you can find.
Woah! That should slow them down, for sure. Only issue is it's plastic. But the possibility of a little chin acne is a small sacrifice for a way lessened chance of choking.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Would the plastic bowl work for raw fed? I feel like it would be so messy.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
they still can eat fast but going in circles. ?
I suppose they could go in circles unless you put the bowl in a corner. It slowed Pippy down just enough and we haven't had any problems with it. Can't speak for how any other dogs might do.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Would the plastic bowl work for raw fed? I feel like it would be so messy.

yeah, I think it's extremely messy and the only option to wash it is in dishwasher. But I didn't use it with cooked or raw, as, thanks God, Tank slowed down his eating with age. I used it only with kibble, more than a year ago.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.