Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I dont use very elevated bowls. The bottom portion is probably like about 2-3" from the floor. Dogs are structure to eat from the ground level. It's a proven fact for LARGE breed only NEVER use elevated bowls. They can bloat! If you have a dog with health issues like back issues, well you might not have a choice to use elevated bowls. Now for SMALLER breeds some will say no problem, I still believe not too high from the ground. People basically use elevated bowls cause it keeps the area clean. Nothing is wrong putting the bowl on tbe floor. Better for your pet's health. My 2 cents

Okay, my bowls are probably 2-3" from ground so it sounds like I'm good. They are just slightly raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Okay, my bowls are probably 2-3" from ground so it sounds like I'm good. They are just slightly raised.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it will affect the EB its more like larger dog. But heh, I like prevention. :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Just read through this thread,and I do thank GOD that you were right there. I always stand with my dogs while they are eating-and it is good that you were there! You did save his life,and it was a close call! We never know from one second to the next what these "kids" will come up with-do we?! You are a hero!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Just read through this thread,and I do thank GOD that you were right there. I always stand with my dogs while they are eating-and it is good that you were there! You did save his life,and it was a close call! We never know from one second to the next what these "kids" will come up with-do we?! You are a hero!

Oh god I dont look at myself as a hero just my job. Thanks for the compliment though. Just did what I had to. Today they both had tripe. Man that frozen trip smell like " hjjuyrexbjomlpo " I had to let it thaw a bit to cut it up into small cubes. Now I permanently face him till he's finish each cubes lol.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.