helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I told my husband last night that we are definite retesting! And thank you guys for bringing up delaying Violet's shots. I'm going to do that as well! Violet this morning compared to Violet yesterday morning is like a whole new pup. She's playing with her brother right now and after going out to potty this morning, she was sitting in the laundry room looking at the cabinet where we keep their food. She's so hungry. The vet gave us some canned food, bland stuff, and she liked it last night but not so much today. She keeps wanting to go over and eat Finn's kibble. Also drinking, I'm really not seeing her drink much water at all and I don't want her to get dehydrated. She was yesterday and the vet gave her some fluids. Anything I can do get get her to drink more??

Ice cubes. They love playing with them then end up eating it. I always boil turkeys for the pups, cut them up in pieces n freeze them in ziplock bags which is topped with it's broth. I also started to keep some broth to do "broth ice cubes." Boil the turkeys for 5 hrs n you'll get tons on great minerals from the bones with is fantastic for your pups n yourself if you want to do a real homemade soup. (Remove all fats).

Im glad little V is starting to show signs of "im hungry feed me"..... that's a sign we all want to see.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Good luck at the vet and I hope they get better. After looking at the pictures you posted I am jealous of you. LOL

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hi There!! Ellie and I have been following your story, and wishing you the best!!...You are great mommy, Hang in there, You got this, How is Ms Violet feeling today?!?! and how is brother doing too?!?!

OP
C

CW2223

Jul 10, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Finn & Violet
Hi There!! Ellie and I have been following your story, and wishing you the best!!...You are great mommy, Hang in there, You got this, How is Ms Violet feeling today?!?! and how is brother doing too?!?!

Violet and Finn are doing amazing!! :). It's bedtime and they are snoozin in their crate next to me. She bounced back quick and is back to her fun little puppy self! They are both almost finished with the antibiotics and we haven't seen anymore blood nor have we seen any diarrhea! I will make sure to get their stool retested because this was NOT fun! Seeing Violet in the condition she was in on Thursday was just heartbreaking. She literally would do nothing but sleep in my husband's lap. Thank you and Ellie for checking on them!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy she is getting back to herself!! They are a beautiful pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Giving Almighty God thanks for quick reversal of symptoms in your puppies.

Thank you for updating us on their improved conditions, big hugs to all. XOXO

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you've already received great information and advice from others, I agree there are so many different reasons that can cause diarrhea and upset tummy in a new puppy, they are very sensitive, and bullies seem to be extra sensitive.
I would definitely change their food to a better one. My guys came from the breeder on Royal Canin and I switched them to Fromms. I would also wait to find out the stool sample results, and then treat according to what they have, whether it be an infection, a parasite, worms or a virus. Please keep us posted on what the vet says. I hope they feel better soon

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=17358]CW2223[/MENTION] SO HAPPY to read that Violet and Finn are so much better WHEW !!!!!!!! Nicely done Mom !!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.