Taking new puppy outside

CW2223

Jul 10, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Finn & Violet
Hey guys! We just brought home our puppies this past weekend... a cute little brother/sister duo named Finn and Violet (I'm going to try to add their pic!). They are 9 weeks, 3 days old. We lost our last bully 2 years ago and after not having a new puppy in 13 years, I'm feeling a little rusty. I understand from our breeder and our vet that the pups should not be taken to public places like a dog park, petsmart, etc. at this age but they are ok to go outside in our yard at home. While I do trust our vet, I guess I just want some reassurance from others that this is ok. :unsure:

We've taken them outside for lots of potty breaks and they love hopping around in the grass. We usually give them a few minutes and they potty right away then we come back inside. I just get nervous I guess! I feel like this is the typical newbie question but they are just precious and I want to make sure we are doing to all right!

Attachments

• IMG_5871.JPG
    IMG_5871.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_5905.JPG
    IMG_5905.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 154

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17358]CW2223[/MENTION] :welcome: I would not take pups anywhere other than your yard, until they have had all their shots,including rabies. Those 2 are cuties, and having two is twice the fun!! I have a fenced yard, but when I took them out to "go" I kept them on leashes until they went,so they wouldn't be playing. Once they went-then I would let them loose! Best of luck with your two!!

OP
C

CW2223

Jul 10, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Finn & Violet
Thank you! They aren't going anywhere.. just wanted to make sure I was ok to let them out in our yard only. Thank you for responding! :)

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
They are adorable!!
Which is Finn? Violet?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Welcome! They are so cute and I love their names!

But yes, don't take them anywhere public until they've had the last round of their shots. Your yard is okay.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
OMG cuteness OVERLOAD!!!!! First, welcome! You will find all of the information you need (puppy refresher) right here :) Lynn gave you the best advice for the pups as far as where to go before they have their shots. I'm raising my first bully, so big learning curve there BUT like you had not raised a puppy in many, many years. Finn and Violet are soooooooooooooooooooooo adorable! I cannot wait to watch them grow up!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
All great advice. WELCOME!!!! ! Beautiful babies there. :yes:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Welcome to EBN, gang has you covered on your question. Your babies are precious!!!!!!!

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Hey guys! We just brought home our puppies this past weekend... a cute little brother/sister duo named Finn and Violet (I'm going to try to add their pic!). They are 9 weeks, 3 days old. We lost our last bully 2 years ago and after not having a new puppy in 13 years, I'm feeling a little rusty. I understand from our breeder and our vet that the pups should not be taken to public places like a dog park, petsmart, etc. at this age but they are ok to go outside in our yard at home. While I do trust our vet, I guess I just want some reassurance from others that this is ok. :unsure:

We've taken them outside for lots of potty breaks and they love hopping around in the grass. We usually give them a few minutes and they potty right away then we come back inside. I just get nervous I guess! I feel like this is the typical newbie question but they are just precious and I want to make sure we are doing to all right!

Ohhhhh...they are just wonderful! So adorable. No advice from me. I'm all wrapped up in just looking at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh boy oh boy!!! they are just precious little ones aren't they... Beautiful babies, and so glad you found it here as you will find so much great experience with these guys and a few just a couple steps ahead of you on this puppy rasing stuff ... enjoy, and keep sharing :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
They are very cute. Welcome to EBN.
Tip: Finn's nose is subject to sunburn in those pink areas. Be mindful of exposure.
Have fun!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Look at those cuties!!! Great advice so far! I also brought home brother/sister siblings.
It's HARD in the beginning, but with consistency and patience you'll get though it! Mine turned 2 in May and have been riding on easy street for quite a while! Makes me want to snuggle them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.