Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chewy.com will not carry many premium foods after Petsmart takeover.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster 2013 - Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 RIP
    Likes (Received)

Default Chewy.com will not carry many premium foods after Petsmart takeover.

This was posted by a Houston Pet store but gave info about what is going to happen. Too bad this happened.
    Natural Dawg Cuisine
    7 July

Recently Petsmart acquired the online retailer Chewy.com. The reason this may be important to you is because of the ramifications this may have on your ability to get certain high quality specialty foods. As of right now Champion(Acana and Orijen), Horizon(Amicus, Pulsar, Legacy, and Complete), Tuffy(Nutrisource, Pure Vita, and Natural Planet), Fromm(Classic, Gold, Gold Coast, and Four Star), and Stella and Chewy(Frozen and Baked kibble) will no longer be available for purchase on Chewy once supply has been depleted. I suspect others will follow the lead of these great companies as well. The companies mentioned have all chosen to support small businesses such as Natural Dawg Cuisine and the effort that we have put in to help build their brands just to see online retailers thrive off our hard work.

If you currently order any of these foods from Chewy we want to make sure we can fill the void left behind by their departure. We carry most but not all of the products I've listed above. We can however get all of the products listed and fairly quick. If you let us know what you need we can make sure we have it on hand and ready for you. We also offer delivery within a 12 mile radius of the store. Right now we deliver on Monday, Wednesday and Friday but as demand picks up we will add more times and days. We will also update the website for online ordering as we get requests for items not currently available online and also eliminate the small delivery fee to smooth the transition.

We look forward to providing you with the best, most convenient service in the area. Any questions please don't hesitate to comment below or contact us at 281-256-9364.

Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

2. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama, ddnene liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Chewy.com will not carry many premium foods after Petsmart takeover.

Thank you, Pam

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Chewy.com will not carry many premium foods after Petsmart takeover.

They had a great business,,,, why change All of those foods are what I would and do use so will have to figure whats next... I love my local pet store but sometimes their prices are out of line in comparison. There is that other company that some of you order from.. Cant think of the name... and then my new EasyRaw is available through petsmart (I have nothing against petsmart except if they don't sell what I want) We'll see I guess... Thanks for letting us know ahead..

Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

It seems like every weekend there's a sale at Petsmart. This weekend I got a email coupon that lets me save 35.00 if I spend 100.00 in store. I had just bought Easyraw last weekend so I didn't go, but I would have otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    They had a great business,,,, why change All of those foods are what I would and do use so will have to figure whats next... I love my local pet store but sometimes their prices are out of line in comparison. There is that other company that some of you order from.. Cant think of the name... and then my new EasyRaw is available through petsmart (I have nothing against petsmart except if they don't sell what I want) We'll see I guess... Thanks for letting us know ahead..

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member RazrRila99's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chris
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colossus
    Likes (Received)

Such a shame that corporate takes over another small business. Thats how the cycle works though. That said, as long as they can, I will continue to support PetFlow.com. They sell all of those brands, and thanks to this site, is where I started getting the food for Colossus. They have tremendous customer support.

7. Likes 2BullyMama, Cbrugs liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Such a shame, Chewy was a great customer oriented company.

I always buy at a small local family owned store si this doesn't directly impact me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

9. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RazrRila99 View Post
    Such a shame that corporate takes over another small business. Thats how the cycle works though. That said, as long as they can, I will continue to support PetFlow.com. They sell all of those brands, and thanks to this site, is where I started getting the food for Colossus. They have tremendous customer support.
    yes! petFlow.... that's the name I was trying to remember. I have ordered through them as well and GREAT customer service... I will use them when needed as well Thanks for refreshing that name

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Well that sucks since I have used Chewy when works is keeping me from being able to drive to the next city to get the food Chunky eats because they close before I get off

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pebbles
    Likes (Received)

Yes that sucks. Got an email from chewy this morning. Guess I'll look at the above store Home delivery is just so easy. My local store kept running out of what I used. Told the owner who knew me from seeing me every other week that guess I'll have to look online if he couldn't stock what I needed. He said, well you got to do what you have to do. Never been back since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

WELL that's just great... I just ordered Fromm's Pork & Peas from them because my local store doesn't carry it. I guess it's back to the local stores, maybe I can have them order it... what a PITA!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We've already dropped Chewy...pretty much as soon as it was taken over by PetsMart. We get our food from a local Pet supply store that offers rescues(and breeders) a free bag of food after the purchase of a certain amount of bags(6-8-10...can't remember) and their prices are the same as Chewy.
    Not a fan or a supporter of big corporate supply chains that are run entirely by bean counters.

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

16. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel and Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Just got an email this morning that they aren't going to be selling Fromm anymore!!!! I feed 4 dogs and 2 cats this food!!! I can't get it anywhere locally

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads