Chewy.com will not carry many premium foods after Petsmart takeover.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
This was posted by a Houston Pet store but gave info about what is going to happen. Too bad this happened.
Natural Dawg Cuisine
7 July ·

Recently Petsmart acquired the online retailer Chewy.com. The reason this may be important to you is because of the ramifications this may have on your ability to get certain high quality specialty foods. As of right now Champion(Acana and Orijen), Horizon(Amicus, Pulsar, Legacy, and Complete), Tuffy(Nutrisource, Pure Vita, and Natural Planet), Fromm(Classic, Gold, Gold Coast, and Four Star), and Stella and Chewy(Frozen and Baked kibble) will no longer be available for purchase on Chewy once supply has been depleted. I suspect others will follow the lead of these great companies as well. The companies mentioned have all chosen to support small businesses such as Natural Dawg Cuisine and the effort that we have put in to help build their brands just to see online retailers thrive off our hard work.

If you currently order any of these foods from Chewy we want to make sure we can fill the void left behind by their departure. We carry most but not all of the products I've listed above. We can however get all of the products listed and fairly quick. If you let us know what you need we can make sure we have it on hand and ready for you. We also offer delivery within a 12 mile radius of the store. Right now we deliver on Monday, Wednesday and Friday but as demand picks up we will add more times and days. We will also update the website for online ordering as we get requests for items not currently available online and also eliminate the small delivery fee to smooth the transition.

We look forward to providing you with the best, most convenient service in the area. Any questions please don't hesitate to comment below or contact us at 281-256-9364.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
They had a great business,,,, why change :( All of those foods are what I would and do use so will have to figure whats next... I love my local pet store but sometimes their prices are out of line in comparison. There is that other company that some of you order from.. Cant think of the name... and then my new EasyRaw is available through petsmart (I have nothing against petsmart except if they don't sell what I want) We'll see I guess... Thanks for letting us know ahead..

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
It seems like every weekend there's a sale at Petsmart. This weekend I got a email coupon that lets me save 35.00 if I spend 100.00 in store. I had just bought Easyraw last weekend so I didn't go, but I would have otherwise.

They had a great business,,,, why change :( All of those foods are what I would and do use so will have to figure whats next... I love my local pet store but sometimes their prices are out of line in comparison. There is that other company that some of you order from.. Cant think of the name... and then my new EasyRaw is available through petsmart (I have nothing against petsmart except if they don't sell what I want) We'll see I guess... Thanks for letting us know ahead..

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Such a shame that corporate takes over another small business. Thats how the cycle works though. That said, as long as they can, I will continue to support PetFlow.com. They sell all of those brands, and thanks to this site, is where I started getting the food for Colossus. They have tremendous customer support.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Such a shame, Chewy was a great customer oriented company.

I always buy at a small local family owned store si this doesn't directly impact me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Such a shame that corporate takes over another small business. Thats how the cycle works though. That said, as long as they can, I will continue to support PetFlow.com. They sell all of those brands, and thanks to this site, is where I started getting the food for Colossus. They have tremendous customer support.

yes! petFlow.... that's the name I was trying to remember. I have ordered through them as well and GREAT customer service... I will use them when needed as well :) Thanks for refreshing that name :)

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well that sucks since I have used Chewy when works is keeping me from being able to drive to the next city to get the food Chunky eats because they close before I get off

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Yes that sucks. Got an email from chewy this morning. Guess I'll look at the above store Home delivery is just so easy. My local store kept running out of what I used. Told the owner who knew me from seeing me every other week that guess I'll have to look online if he couldn't stock what I needed. He said, well you got to do what you have to do. Never been back since.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WELL that's just great... I just ordered Fromm's Pork & Peas from them because my local store doesn't carry it. I guess it's back to the local stores, maybe I can have them order it... what a PITA!!! :stinkeye:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We've already dropped Chewy...pretty much as soon as it was taken over by PetsMart. We get our food from a local Pet supply store that offers rescues(and breeders) a free bag of food after the purchase of a certain amount of bags(6-8-10...can't remember) and their prices are the same as Chewy.
Not a fan or a supporter of big corporate supply chains that are run entirely by bean counters.

Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
Just got an email this morning that they aren't going to be selling Fromm anymore!!!! I feed 4 dogs and 2 cats this food!!! I can't get it anywhere locally :(

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
If you 'need' delivery That Petflow is also very good And has great, very personal, customer service… And just a thought there's always Amazon. I know they carry fromm. Or at least as of now they do

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
What do ya'll think of this Fromm? Changing food for pebbles from puppy to adult.

Four Star Chicken A La Veg Formula Dry Dog Food

or this one

Heartland Gold Grain Free Adult Dry Dog Food

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Such a shame, Chewy was a great customer oriented company.

I always buy at a small local family owned store si this doesn't directly impact me

Same with me. I do order treats and other stuff from Chewy but I don't think I have ever ordered food. It's too bad Petsmart bought them out.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.