What's your lottery dream?

L

Lucy-licious

hmmmm now theres a thought.
we play the lottery every week and do the Euro-millions occasionally too when the prize is too big to ignore :)
but I never really thought what I'd do if we won.
buy a nice house for my mum and ensure that she is well and comfortable.

set up a nursing home/hospice for people with alcohol related illness..Korsikoff,s syndrome and End stage liver disease.
I nurse people daily with the effects of alcohol such as liver disease, cancer, alcoholic dementia/Korsikoffs, upper and lower GI bleeds.
It is extremely frustrating when we have patients who are medically stable but socially and physically unable to care for themselves anymore, there are very few nursing and residential homes that will take in and care for Alcoholic/X alcoholic patients due to their unpredictable behaviour. so somewhere that could specifically cater for the needs of this patient group would be an amazing place. also a hospice side that could provide palliative and supportive care to patients and their families during their final days.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Oooh, another good topic!

I am fairly practical so the first thing I'd do is put half of my winnings away so I could not work for the rest of my life, if I chose not to but I wouldn't quit my job right away either.

THEN: I would pay off all my bills and all of my sister's bills. I would give my sister, brother, parents, and nephews each a million dollars. I would take my family on a trip somewhere fabulous then take myself somewhere fabulous - like a trip around the world. I would donate to charities, probably focused on animal causes. I would buy an ice rink so I could skate and play hockey whenever I wanted but also run it so people can come and have fun without breaking the bank. (I truly believe a lot of people are missing out on playing hockey just because they've never had the opportunity to try it!) I would also buy a second home in Vermont or the Adirondacks - somewhere green!

I would also donate money to my favorite website: English Bulldog News! :)

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Buy some land and build my own family compound for select members of my family complete with clubhouse and pool. Open and run a no kill animal shelter and start up an English Bulldog rescue (there aren't any near me). Of course get lots of EBs. Open a Pub for fun. I'd also find various charities to help out with and contribute. I would love to help kids, especially foster/orphans who just seem to get thrown away and seems like no one cares. I could use them to run my shelters, bwahahahaha. ok bad joke but still I would make time for all of this.

Members online

No members online now.