What's your lottery dream?

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Okay........with the MegaMillion jackpot reaching over 244 million on tonights drawing.....I'm just wondering what is everybody's plan of a dream come true
iffin you won?;)
Mine....:pray:.....I'd move to Alabama below the snow belt........open up a Kids Camp for special needs kids.......and make their dreams come true. Of course there would have to be Ambassadors of Unconditional love.......aka.....plenty of English Bulldogs!!!:D

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Nice topic! I'd get the heck out California and buy a big piece of property somewhere, maybe Idaho, Wyoming or Northern Arizona. With my property and money I'd build my own dog rescue and rescue dogs. I'd also travel the country with an RV so I could take my dogs (well not ALL of them if I have a rescue). I want to see places out of the US as well but I would start with a massive road trip across this beautiful country first!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
First of all I'd keep it secret ... sounds awful, but I want to continue my life without the baggage and obscure and unknown relatives that crawl out of the woodwork once they know you've won a fortune.

I'd sell this house and move into the country with enough room to set up my own rescue. Tom could give up his job too, so we would both be able to committ to rescuing english bulldogs. I would be able to pay for my daughter to go through college, and as my son hasn't decided what he wants to do with his life once he graduates then I would put the same money away for him until he has found his way.

After that I'd just put the rest of the money into a savings account and try to go about helping and rescuing dogs and people - hopefully without letting anybody know I have won.

......... hope that makes sense ............. :confused::crazy:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Nice Mike :up: I think your "BIG GOAL" is amazing!!!

I've never played the lottery...when I was badgered last summer when we were on vacation down in Kentucky. To purchase a lottery ticket. I told the clerk..."Listen, I can barely stand the relatives we have now...let alone wish to add more to the number by winning the lottery"

I've learned to be happy with what I have, and I've been blessed. I've seen while growing up... that the happiest folk were the poorest in the family. And that says something...for we were poor ourselves. So I know money doesn't buy happiness...Having my family healthy and close...that's what I would rather have more than all the money in the World. For it was that poor close family that showed me a lot. They laughed...they would offer you the last slice of bread. And not know where the next slice was coming from or when. [We were NEVER allowed to eat there due to it] But the best times...growing up was time spent with the extended family which was poor and had no indoor toilet. I am not dating myself...I'm only 39 yrs old...They just never had the money to be able to afford a septic...which would allow them indoor plumbing. So it was actually an outhouse you visited. [That was the only part I hated...SPIDERS in there!]

So seeing people have practically nothing...and be so happy. I've never dreamed of "winning the lottery" but just having the ones I love most...close.

But I am enjoying everyone's "THINK BIG" plans. :up:

Though we do tease...and say..."We'll get that when we win the lottery"...though...we never play it. It's an inside joke. For my husband knows I value my family more than anything...well...at least some of them.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I would say to my bosses and managers-Take this job and _____!!!! I would run frantically yelling Woohoooooo!!!No more corporate life for me!!!!!
I would by a summer home smack in front of the beach(maybe florida or some island) I would buy a new home here in VT. Of course I would give my kids some money. I would donate money to all rescues and I would foster english bulldogs.(and keep some for myself too)Or maybe start my own rescue or sanctuary:up:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] I love that! If I won (and we dont think to buy the tickets much here either) I would of course first pay off our parents homes and give them some spending money. Help out our brothers and sisters with their bills. Buy my dream home in the mountains somewhere. Maybe 1 in alaska, colorada, hawaii wouldnt be bad either right [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION]? haha. Like [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] I would buy a big rv and travel like mad cuz although hotels are wonderful I would die if I stopped camping. I agree money does NOT buy happiness BUT a happy person with money could have a lot of fun! :D

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I never buy lottery tickets myself either, but if I did and if I won the first thing I would do is pay for my mother-in-law to go to assisted living! Then I would buy a medium sized 4 wheel drive motor home. I would travel all over the US and Canada with the boys and Katze and my husband!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
hmmmm, I would be debt free (no mortgage) and make sure my kids and grand-kids would have a huge savings account for the future. Other than that, I love what I have, I am very simple and have been lucky to never have a need and my wants are just materialistic things, which I don't need.

If any distant relatives show up, I will give them each $10.

OP
Mike Blaylock

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeell, as Sonny & Cher sang........The beat goes on........my dream still lives along with all of yours............no one has won yet!:crazy:
Next Jackpot: $304 Million(over the next twenty years):whew:
Cash Option Value: $193.6 Million(single lump pay out):D
Friday night is the next drawing....The largest jackpot drawing ever in any USA lottery....you betchum Red Ryder that I'm a buying my ticket today!;)

Oh.......I had a one number out of five on last night's drawing!:lol: I can Dream!!!

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep I think we would be crazy not to buy one at this point, although we never hardly even get 1 number when we do. I heard that 26 people had 5 numbers on this last one, talk about a sad awakening when they realized they didnt have the last one. haha

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Well, I don't usually gamble at all but I went in with my co-workers (because really - do I want to be the only one left in the office?! Even if it means I would be the boss?! :lol:). I would buy a house on the beach since that is my FAVORITE place to be (something small being I already live only 10 minutes away), a house where I live now (important for kids to go to the schools I'm confident in), pay off any debts my parents/grandmother/brothers have, send money to everyone in my family (yes everyone - even the ones that make me crazy, I love. So I'd send them all SOMETHING.) Make sure I have at least half left to put in the bank and continue on with life status quo. :) OH, I'd probably get at least another bully since I'd have a yard and TRY AGAIN to help out the rescues around here. I don't think I have the experience to start one of my own ... maybe after volunteering for some time. The last thing I'd do ... open my own daycare/preschool. :) It's a dream of mine - I love pre-k kids!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We don't buy lottery tickets but if I won I'd be like Scrooge McDuck and swim thru the money in my room-sized vault. :LMAO: You all wouldn't know I won because Id be laying on my yacht on the Riviera and wouldn't be online.... LOL

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We don't buy lottery tickets but if I won I'd be like Scrooge McDuck and swim thru the money in my room-sized vault. :LMAO: You all wouldn't know I won because Id be laying on my yacht on the Riviera and wouldn't be online.... LOL

Riiiiiight!!........and HRH and I would be sitting here wondering where Bruce went??? :evil::pray::pray::pray:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I would buy a big enough property that Stig and future rescues can run in and have fun. I always told my bf that I didn't need a big house, I just want a big property. I can barely keep up with our townhouse now, so imagine if it doubled :eek:. I would also pay off my parents' mortgage and some other relatives. Depending on how much, I'd pay off my siblings' too, or get them nice cars.

Personally, I wouldn't stop working. Maybe continue the fam business at home so at least the many bulldogs will have human company.

RVing is one of my life-wants too. My family didn't have much money when I was growing up, so we drove around everywhere instead of flying. Those were some of the best moments of my life thus far. There's nothing like making roadstops and great conversations in the car with the siblings and cousins. I plan on continuing the tradition with my future fam. I even got my bf into roadtripping. He loves driving and didn't know why his family didn't do it when he was younger. We've even taken his parents with us once to Washigton DC and planning to take them to New York City this summer.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.