helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
It's coming back!!!!! Errrrrgggggggg. Put NuStock n he's begging to jump on the sofa n sit on me :fie:

So the whole sofa is covered with blankets. Even Nyala doesn't want to sleep against him.

2017-09-13 17.16.12.jpg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
omg why does that stuff have to smell S0 bad?!!!!!! It's awful! I dread the day I need it again :bad:

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
omg why does that stuff have to smell S0 bad?!!!!!! It's awful! I dread the day I need it again :bad:

Btw what was the outcome of the silver you wanted to spray hank with?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We are not letting their immune system built itself up.
It's my understanding that immunizations(shots) are to boost the immune system into creating antibodies that will fight an infection...as the "puppy immune system" wanes naturally. Allowing the puppie's immune system to develop on its own is a risk not worth taking, IMO.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
He is up for his booster this month. He was supposed to get his booster 2 months ago but he got hives which the vet n myself didnt know why as he was cleared. So it was I that decided to wait. Im more for figure out what's wrong before giving any shots especially if no one knows what's wrong. I would never mix in a shot to any issue till I know what's wrong. But that's me. I went back to what the breeder fed him and slowly the hives disappeared. Then he was up for his vasectomy and I wanted to wait till stitches are gone. There was a member that went to his vet with his puppy for his rabies n booster shot. The pup developed a massive infection between the shoulder blades, very red, slimy n all. And of course the vet denied it was due to the shots. We kept telling him to go back n not accept and change vets. The pups was getting weaker. The member never came back to update us even after we all begged him to do so. I hate to say this but my gut says that puppy never made it. I pray im wrong but....... I cant recall the names. One reason why I would never combine any shots with an issue thats not cured. That's my 2 cents.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Btw what was the outcome of the silver you wanted to spray hank with?

I 'think' it was great... My problem is I do more than one thing at a time... I tried to keep 'one' spot only silver but I'm sure it didn't happen sooo... I bathed once with curaseb shampoo,,,, and did a spray with silver, aloa, fco, and (dang I'm mad at myself here as I forget which EO I added) and all went away... Which product worked I'm not sure :(

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I 'think' it was great... My problem is I do more than one thing at a time... I tried to keep 'one' spot only silver but I'm sure it didn't happen sooo... I bathed once with curaseb shampoo,,,, and did a spray with silver, aloa, fco, and (dang I'm mad at myself here as I forget which EO I added) and all went away... Which product worked I'm not sure :(

Well at least it's gone. Duke has is appointment tomorrow morning at 8am. Just getting the booster done. I'll have her check him out since he's there but he's been through that a couple months ago. Ive been ruuning around for past 2 day. Have a big week n weekend in the kitchen. So I managed to squeeze Duke somewhere lol.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Well at least it's gone. Duke has is appointment tomorrow morning at 8am. Just getting the booster done. I'll have her check him out since he's there but he's been through that a couple months ago. Ive been ruuning around for past 2 day. Have a big week n weekend in the kitchen. So I managed to squeeze Duke somewhere lol.

Dang dogs!!! I think all is good and then the other day I decided to take Hank to an outdoor concert. It wasn't 5 min and he stepped on a bee and I freeked out as it was evening and I though oh crap! So I went and sat in the parking lot of the emergency vet just incase.. It was dark and all and he did a bit of a drool (he's not a drooler) so we went in. I tellya... I'm retired and he takes up all the time that I would wonder what on earth do people who work do for time!!! Anyway, hope the visit goes well. LITTLE stinker Duke!!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dang dogs!!! I think all is good and then the other day I decided to take Hank to an outdoor concert. It wasn't 5 min and he stepped on a bee and I freeked out as it was evening and I though oh crap! So I went and sat in the parking lot of the emergency vet just incase.. It was dark and all and he did a bit of a drool (he's not a drooler) so we went in. I tellya... I'm retired and he takes up all the time that I would wonder what on earth do people who work do for time!!! Anyway, hope the visit goes well. LITTLE stinker Duke!!

Is Hank ok? I try to bring them with me and im in and out of the house cause of my business. So they are lucky im there for them. Yes very hard if your job is 7 days a week and can finish very late. Why once in a while I take off with them to the Rockies or make a point for them to play with their cousins.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

I had a bee incident a couple months ago with Louie. We were in the house and I see he's chewing on something so I grab him and reach my hand in his mouth as usual and pulled out a bee!! And it was still alive! I gave Louie a Benadryl and watched him like a hawk but nothing happened. I'm guessing the bee hadn't stung him yet???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I had a bee incident a couple months ago with Louie. We were in the house and I see he's chewing on something so I grab him and reach my hand in his mouth as usual and pulled out a bee!! And it was still alive! I gave Louie a Benadryl and watched him like a hawk but nothing happened. I'm guessing the bee hadn't stung him yet??
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few always roaming around the back yard cause of flowers. My GS would just lay there on guard listening. Every single time bees flew near him, he would wait....wait...wait...SNAP! Ate them. Never got bitten once. Have no clue how he never did. And im there raising my voice....MAJOR, DONT EAT MY BEES...WE NEED THEM!!! lol

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
funny cause yep, I'm protective of the bees as well. So, Hank is fine, but i did something i normally wouldn't have done as I'm also a phob about shots but, i let them give him the steroid shot and the injectable Benadryl as i just couldn't bear to go home and have him go into some issue and not get back in time. He did fine and i actually think that the drool was just the excitement of the concert but i was at a week spot and that's what we did. I also got to spaz cause i dont know if you remember i 'thought' he had a hyper reaction to it b4 so was concerned there. All was good, and life goes on.

Members online

No members online now.