Shanemcooper

Jul 6, 2017
Country
United States 🇺🇸
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
Hi, So I recently bought my first bulldog about a week ago. It has its AKC papers,but it only says "Bulldog" on it. I know this should be obvious to be able to tell the two apart but I need a little help doing so. And yes the add said English bulldog. It's just that he doesn't look like the ones I saw online or in person. I asked the lady I got him from and she said he would grow into...anyways I'll love him no mater what. Thanks in advance guys! IMG_4568.JPGIMG_4570.JPGIMG_4546.JPGIMG_4555.JPGIMG_4545.JPGIMG_4532.JPG

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Definitely closer to OEB. Frankly speaking, I think he has a lot of American Pitbull or American bulldog influence. He is too long legged and face is too long for purely EB. But it will save you from many purebred EB health issues!
P.s. He is a sweetie! Love his colour!

OP
S

Shanemcooper

Jul 6, 2017
Country
United States 🇺🇸
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
Yeah he looks nothing like that lol. I have AKC papers on him though so he's a purebred right? Like OED

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Yeah he looks nothing like that lol. I have AKC papers on him though so he's a purebred right? Like OED
Last I knew the Olde English Bulldogge was not recognized by the AKC. Yours appears to be a very leggy English Bulldog...so leggy as to bring question to the breeding/registration. Is his tail docked and come to a cigar shaped blunt end?...or does it come to a pointy end?
We have a couple of "leggy" bulldogs and they are fun, active, playful, and smart. They're an absolute blast and funny as they can be. Gunny is colored almost exactly like our Pippy, just gorgeous...and he has a perfect love button on his noggin!

OP
S

Shanemcooper

Jul 6, 2017
Country
United States 🇺🇸
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
His tail curls to a point and sticks to his body. I'll take more picture when I get home ( currently at work). Here's a picture of his mother and father though IMG_4564.JPGIMG_4517.JPG

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
well hes gorgeous and like you said, you love him to pieces no matter what... how old is he??? I think my Hank is a bit leggie as well and small (17 months old and 45lbs) but I think perfectly built and stunning!! When he was from 5-10 months or so old I was asked if he had oeb in him as well... Well, Papers, like yours say English bulldog,, and I have been super happy with everything about him. Wonderful dogs and you have a beauty :) I'd be proud to own the possibility of oeb in the blood :)

OP
S

Shanemcooper

Jul 6, 2017
Country
United States 🇺🇸
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
And isn't there a difference between olde English bulldog and old English?

OP
S

Shanemcooper

Jul 6, 2017
Country
United States 🇺🇸
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
He's 7 months. His papers just say Bulldog...nothing about English bulldog. Is that normal? And thanks!!! I live the little guy

- - - Updated - - -

OP
S

Shanemcooper

Jul 6, 2017
Country
United States 🇺🇸
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
I don't know if there is or not. From what I read the olde isn't considered a breed with the AKC.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
He's 7 months. His papers just say Bulldog...nothing about English bulldog. Is that normal? And thanks!!! I live the little guy

- - - Updated - - -

well now ya got me all messed up lol ... I dug out Hanks papers and now I'm not sure if these are his AKC papers or if Pedigree papers are the same... Shoot, I got to get this stuff together ;) His "pedigree" papers just say Bulldog so now I'm interested even more as to what others say.... also as to what I did with his AKC papers (if this is not them) as well...

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
He is a beautiful boy no matter what.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm really stumped on this one... he seems very tall BUT it takes about a year for them to grow in height, and 2 years to grow in width. He may just be in that lanky faze where they almost look Olde English or almost in the Boxer family. I'm going to tag some members to get their input... @bullmama @Davidh

If that's the parent's they look EBD to me...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.