Bella is not interested in her food :(

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
For the last few days Bella hasn't wanted to eat her food...
She'll eat maybe half of what I give her (unless I hand feed her that is ! Lol)
I only give her 1 1/2 cups each meal with a little coconut oil. My hubby says maybe it's too hot to eat. She is fine otherwise and of course wants to eat the big dogs food or a French fry, just not her own food. Has anyone else had this problem?

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
I only give her 1 1/2 cups each meal with a little coconut oil. My hubby says maybe it's too hot to eat. She is fine otherwise and of course wants to eat the big dogs food or a French fry, just not her own food. Has anyone else had this problem?

Maybe she's bored with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My pups have done that as well... I wouldn't worry too much unless you think that she's sick. Willow probably eats half of her breakfast since the hot weather has hit.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

We basically feed our dogs the same. Nyala just did the same thing with her spot farms turkey. Also 2 days. Had brand new box not open n brought it back. Still have a 1/4left in another box. Will reintroduced it later n give her a break. Nyala eats anything and never fuss. So she's not they type I would force her "eat that or you get nothing" because she really eats everything you give her. Like mentioned i think she got bored of it.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Do you rotate between proteins or brands? She might just be bored with her current food. I wouldn't worry too much about it if she is otherwise acting normal. I probably wouldn't make a habit of hand feeding her though as you don't want her to get used to that.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thinking it's the heat? ... Hank went off food as well and he's a real good eater as well. He's back at it though now ;) I'd say it was almost 4 days, and I too was hand feeding and laughing at what I KNOW is I bad thing, so smacked my hands and put it down for him... I've been there with hand feeding dogs.. so sweet while your making the habit, and ohhhhhhhhhhh so awful once they get used to it...

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Do you rotate between proteins or brands? She might just be bored with her current food. I wouldn't worry too much about it if she is otherwise acting normal. I probably wouldn't make a habit of hand feeding her though as you don't want her to get used to that.

Oh LORD I must of missed that part... STOP the hand feeding... Lol :rofl:

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I thought about doing that but haven't yet. I guess now is the time.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Some brands taste a lot better than other brands. eg my dog didn't like Fromm. So if you do switch, try to get a sample pack first. I really think it's bad to mix any toppers on top of dog food since your dog will be more likely to become picky. I give coconut oil, sardines, fruit, frozen green beans separately.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Some brands taste a lot better than other brands. eg my dog didn't like Fromm. So if you do switch, try to get a sample pack first. I really think it's bad to mix any toppers on top of dog food since your dog will be more likely to become picky. I give coconut oil, sardines, fruit, frozen green beans separately.

I can imagine they taste better! Some smell awful! Lol
Never thought about giving thr toppers separately. I usually add it to her food. She use to scarf her food down (without even tasting it). Now she eats a lot slower.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
What's she eating? Maybe try another protein within same company's line of dog foods. Try not to put toppers, I found my dog stopped eating after a while with the toppers, and no problem since I give any other treats separately.

Never thought about giving thr toppers separately. I usually add it to her food. She use to scarf her food down (without even tasting it). Now she eats a lot slower.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

How she doing? I'm also thinking it could be the heat...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.