Need Help

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Daphne has a hot ear. She keeps shaking her head and trying to "lick",the ear, but just licks the air. I'll get her to the vet first thing tomorrow. I've cleaned it, no gunk. What can I do to soothe it until tomorrow?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Is inner ear flap red? If so it helped my dog to spray it with straight betadine. If not, just try our standard recommendation of apple cider vinegar but mix it 1 part apple cider vinegar and 2 parts water and put some in ear. This won't hurt if ear drum is perforated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Daphne has a hot ear. She keeps shaking her head and trying to "lick",the ear, but just licks the air. I'll get her to the vet first thing tomorrow. I've cleaned it, no gunk. What can I do to soothe it until tomorrow?
Thanks in advance.

How is she? You could flush ear with apple cider vinegar and witch hazel

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
How is she? You could flush ear with apple cider vinegar and witch hazel

Daphne's ear seems to have cleared up with the ACV treatment. She never had dirty ears so I was surprised. I actually think she was air licking and shaking her head because I am treating her nose rope on that side of her head with A&D Ointment. #what 'sabullymothethertodo?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.