Leash training ( or lack of)

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Fran is really enthusiastic about her leash.. [emoji849] can't ya tell? [emoji23]

9cc9dd8d9a7d4bdb60565e0aaa1c448d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
omg laughing so hard!!! what a cutie!!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
:) Hahaha... love it.

Repetition, repetition, and she'll eventually get the hang of it. Its great that you can mold them while they are young :)

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:) Hahaha... love it.

Repetition, repetition, and she'll eventually get the hang of it. Its great that you can mold them while they are young :)

Shes usually pretty good on it. But once she's tapped out she's no longer interested.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Shes usually pretty good on it. But once she's tapped out she's no longer interested.

Tyson does the same. Once he's done - he just stops, won't move or budge. Luckily you can still pick her up! I have to sit there and try to convince him, lure him with treats, or push his bum to get him to move so we can get back home. LMAO....stubborn little things.

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson does the same. Once he's done - he just stops, won't move or budge. Luckily you can still pick her up! I have to sit there and try to convince him, lure him with treats, or push his bum to get him to move so we can get back home. LMAO....stubborn little things.

LOL I was hoping that would get better with age! I try to do the same now (luring, talk super nice) before I have to pick her up .. and yes they def can be stubborn. She will just lay there and look right through me like "yeah okay mom whatever "

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sure mom I'll comply with my leash..because I've been plotting on this patch of dirt and grass all day [emoji30]

54a3e5133609634f8fcc0930b8364eb9.jpg

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

My girl has a weird obsession with paper towels and baby wipes.. just wanted to report that I lured her back inside (leashless) with a piece of scrap paper [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
My girl has a weird obsession with paper towels and baby wipes.. just wanted to report that I lured her back inside (leashless) with a piece of scrap paper [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Whatever works!!! LOL And I'm not so sure it will go away with age, so make sure you always have something handy for when she gets bigger, LOL. Tyson is 11, and still as stubborn as the day I got him!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Mega E(ME or Mega Esophagus) is a defect of the esophagus. Some dogs are born this way and others develop it. The esophagus is enlarged like and empty rubber hot water bottle(remember those things?) and lacks the muscular movement that would push food into the stomach. Allowed to eat or drink like a normal dog, a Mega E dog's esophagus would hold anything consumed and likely regurgitate it without it ever reaching thew stomach. Mega E dogs need to be fed upright in a chair(or similar) so that gravity can help the food pass to the stomach. Most Mega E dogs are high risk for aspiration. MINI was surrendered to our foundation with Mega E and cannot be placed so she will remain with us.
Some Mega E dogs live long lives and some do not. It's all relative to accurate and early diagnosis and then diligent, strict control of eating and drinking.

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mega E(ME or Mega Esophagus) is a defect of the esophagus. Some dogs are born this way and others develop it. The esophagus is enlarged like and empty rubber hot water bottle(remember those things?) and lacks the muscular movement that would push food into the stomach. Allowed to eat or drink like a normal dog, a Mega E dog's esophagus would hold anything consumed and likely regurgitate it without it ever reaching thew stomach. Mega E dogs need to be fed upright in a chair(or similar) so that gravity can help the food pass to the stomach. Most Mega E dogs are high risk for aspiration. MINI was surrendered to our foundation with Mega E and cannot be placed so she will remain with us.
Some Mega E dogs live long lives and some do not. It's all relative to accurate and early diagnosis and then diligent, strict control of eating and drinking.

Oh wow. Poor baby! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.