first registration, need help!

kpaige16

Jun 26, 2017
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
sophia
We are stuck on her official color and markings according to the AKC registration, attached is a picture
if anyone would please give us a hand so we get this right!
14657388_953282998148392_2387718287081635121_n.jpg

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
You bully is a Tri color and will not be recognized by the AKC. As much as I'd like to help, there's nothing that I can offer.

"The color of the coat, according to the Bulldog Club of America, should be uniform, pure of its kind and brilliant. Colors are red, white, fawn, fallow, or any combination of the foregoing.
All other colors...are a disqualification."

Black is not recognized. As pretty as your bully is, it will not be registered with the AKC.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
shes absolutely beautiful! I love her look!!!! I dont know anything about akc though... Hanks registered but i could care less :) he's my baby

B770QE

Feb 7, 2016
California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
She's a cutie, but not recognized by the AKC. Here's a pic of my boy, Gus. We got him from a shelter & never cared about registering him. I have no idea what his coloring is officially labeled, we just say black & white.
IMG_1999.JPG

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I was just thinking about this akc stuff.... I hope it doesnt let it bother you!! You have a beautiful bulldog and thats what matters... My sister had my shih tzu girls beautiful daughter (show quality) and never registered her... It really only matters if you want to show ... dont know why im thinking bout this, but i was so i spoke ;)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
The only problem I can see with this scenario is if the dog was sold and represented as AKC registrable. If so, they misled the new owners.
The breeder/seller of a registrable ACK dog must provide the new owner with the Individual Dog Registration Application. The new owners submit the app.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
The only problem I can see with this scenario is if the dog was sold and represented as AKC registrable. If so, they misled the new owners.
The breeder/seller of a registrable ACK dog must provide the new owner with the Individual Dog Registration Application. The new owners submit the app.

yes! I thought about this as well .. and in that case, I would feel po'ed as I would already love my dog :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We are stuck on her official color and markings according to the AKC registration, attached is a picture
if anyone would please give us a hand so we get this right!
View attachment 106675

She is a pretty girl... but as others have noted.... her coloring is not recognized by the AKC

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online