Does your bulldog have OCD when walking

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I've noticed my English bulldog has to walk immediately next to the curb when we are walking on roads without sidewalks, and when we come to an intersection she makes a beeline to the opposite curb on the new road and continues to walk next to the curb. In the park she likes to walk right next to the fence. Does anyone else's bulldog do that?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not my guys... the like to try and zig zag in front of me which I don't allow.

When i worked at a dog daycare there were many dogs (different breeds) that had OCD issues when walking from play area to the store front--- some along the wall, others would not walk on linoleum floor or near crates.. it is interesting to see the different behaviors of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Ha! Hank used to sort of almost army crawl until he got a certain distance from ..... wherever he was leaving... be it the car, truck, 5th wheel, other home..... Just after a certain distance, he would be fine... but,,,,, has lots of other behavior 'issues' as well ;)

Florida girls

Feb 3, 2015
FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie Kae, Lady
Sadie refuses to walk over any type of grate in the road, my hubby tries to make her so she shows him and jumps over them instead. :jump:

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Yeah he believes he needs to smell and taste everything that is unknown to him. I walk him on a retractable leash so he gets plenty of roomy to wonder around but it I tighten it up he understands that its time to walk and does fine. I can't walk him if the trash truck is around because he freaks out at the truck and its noises

OP
Dollys Owner

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
When I walk them on garbage day they try to smell everyone's garbage- quite annoying !

Yeah he believes he needs to smell and taste everything that is unknown to him. I walk him on a retractable leash so he gets plenty of roomy to wonder around but it I tighten it up he understands that its time to walk and does fine. I can't walk him if the trash truck is around because he freaks out at the truck and its noises

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.