This Is Why I'm Paranoid

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
One thing I have learned here on EBN is that bulldogs come in all shapes!

I have worried a lot over Castor's weight over the years but for opposite reason. Tiny Castor weighs in at lbs 40 or41. This is what he looked like at 8 months or so and then last autumn at 3.5 yrs. The main difference is that his shoulders and his head have grown. I have no idea why he ended up much smaller than his parents but he is agile and can walk for hours and vets say he shouldn't gain any weight. I guess that as long as they are healthy and as long as they get as much exercise as they need, some are bigger and some or smaller!

Attachments

• castor1.jpg
    castor1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 64
  • smalis1.JPG
    smalis1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 68

rockysmom

Apr 17, 2016
Richmond Hill, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
She doesn't look fat to me at all. She looks quite fit for an English bulldog. These dogs are built to be skinny. I find that people automatically think these dogs are fat as they compare them to other breeds. These dogs have sturdy and strong bodies. It really doesn't matter what other people. You know she is healthy.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hey, fatshamers, hands off from Daphne and also from Lockjaw! These are one of the most beautiful bullies I've ever seen! :blah:

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
We all know I'm paranoid about Daphne's weight. Yesterday we took her to the pet store with us when we went for food. We don't take her with us because she's so heavy to lift into the back of the SUV. Anyway, when we walked in, the co-owner came rushing over to see her. Turns out her daughter has an EBD. She said, "Wow she's really fat!" I immediately became defensive.

We buy all of our food from these people. We feed Zignature. Daphne doesn't get snacks. We've cut her food to 1 cup Morning, 1 cup evening. With evening meal she gets 2 Tablespoons homemade stew of mixed veggies. She seldom gets a treat. If she does, it's freeze dried liver.

I don't know what to do anymore. She gets two walks a day. She is 10 months old and very healthy. She weighs 42 lbs this month. She is built like a cinder block, as square as she is long. She measures 18" from bottom of neck to top of tail. She is 29" around her girth measurement around back of front legs.

I do my best to give Daphne the best of everything she needs. I've never had a fat dog...never. Until Daphne arrived, my dogs were self-feed high quality kibble. The vet always comment on how they maintained their weight even though self-feeds.

What am I doing wrong? I just don't get it.

259c94333f683711a10aa618994ec0b1.png

cb10e8c2c37506e5e8945bbdf6f62bd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG!! to me her shape looks perfect!! Just like people we all come different sizes, and looks like while she is laying down her legs are all tucked up under her so if should would be standing im sure her waist would be perfect!! LOVE LITTLE MS Daphne!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Daphne DuMaurier;706004. We've cut her food to 1 cup Morning said:
Again, NOTHING is wrong with our Daphne. She's absolutely beautiful! Have a question though. I went to look at Zignture turkey. Not sure which one you feed her but it says, 40lb dog is 1 1/3 to 1 3/5 per day. I personally DO NOT find her fat whatsoever. She's still a pup. Some pups are more round than others. And thats for any breed! If it bothers you so much and NONE of us in here thinks she's fat but you, give her one cup of zignature and the other portion, raw or Honest kitchen or Spot Farms turkey. Give her frozen berries as a snack. Dont deprive her of snacks. Daphne is very active from what ive read in a lot of your post. Bring her to a dog park n let her run aside from her walks. She is so not fat. My GS was 115lbs build like wall. People would often say he's over weight for a GS but you know, he still could jump over 6ft walls, run like hell and healthy like a horse at 8yrs old. Some dogs are made more square than others. Dont mean they are fat or unfit. So as a member to another, stop panicking... your baby if beautiful and she's all yours to love!!! Oh and no other bullies in here have them sexy lips as my Daphne!!!! :2thumbs:

B770QE

Feb 7, 2016
California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Daphne is such a pretty girl and not fat! I am shocked someone would make such a comment. Seems they know nothing about English bulldogs making that ignorant comment. I'm no expert, but I think she looks absolutely healthy!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
At 10 months old, who cares?! Co-owner is either just a rude person or simply let one slip(a rude comment that is). Daphne is beautiful. Weight can become an issue later in life but for now, worry not. Taking weight off will be easy whenever YOU decide it's necessary. If you want our help we will provide it.
BTW, lizards are not fattening...

love this pic...
4432ca561987366ba611c3e0b5a32369.jpg

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Daphne is precious and is growing just perfectly. Who knows why some people feel so free to comment so negatively? They obviously aren't thinking. I mean really. She's not a whippet; she's an English Bulldog!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
At 10 months old, who cares?! Co-owner is either just a rude person or simply let one slip(a rude comment that is). Daphne is beautiful. Weight can become an issue later in life but for now, worry not. Taking weight off will be easy whenever YOU decide it's necessary. If you want our help we will provide it.
BTW, lizards are not fattening...

love this pic...
4432ca561987366ba611c3e0b5a32369.jpg

[MENTION=1664]Daphne[/MENTION]
Ohhhhhh I love that pic too! I also kept it. Just too funny! And there's a good source of protein for a snack! Lolll

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
People have told me Tyson is fat for his whole life. I let it go in one ear and out the other. What they don't understand is that he's a bigger bulldog in stature. Sure, he could lose 10lbs, so could I, LOL - Daphne looks great, and she's so young! You're doing a great job with her, so forget those people!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.