I'm moving to Tucson

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
Hello! It's been awhile since I've been on here. I'm moving to Tucson. I have been in Salt Lake City for a year. Last summer we did see temps of over 100 degrees, but not 110 degrees + like it is in Tucson right now. What do I need to know? I know he can't be out long and can't walk on the concrete. Is there anything else?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm going to tag some people who have lived/live in the area... they should be able to advice you!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That about sums it up, plenty of cool fresh water too. It's been extremely hot here, lost 3 of my chickens today to the heat, I'm devistated :( just be very conscious of the heat and keep them inside as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Seeing the temperatures out there... I say move East?! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Best if luck with your move... hope all goes well

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Also, never let them go outside unattended. Bulldogs LOVE to sun themselves and it just takes a few minutes in the AZ sun for that to become deadly.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Seeing the temperatures out there... I say move East?! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Best if luck with your move... hope all goes well

East?!? Ummm I'm NC and our temps yesterday were @9am already 90* plus humidity! I say go North! 🤣🤣

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
That about sums it up, plenty of cool fresh water too. It's been extremely hot here, lost 3 of my chickens today to the heat, I'm devistated :( just be very conscious of the heat and keep them inside as much as possible.

oh no :( That is so awful! I usually go out and sprinkle the area (they are somewhat freerun) and keep the trees moist so coller but I am not home to do what i usually do for my 2 old hens . :fie:.... One old gal is trying to 'sit' on eggs (rocks as i collect the eggs) and im now more worried about her getting too warm... may call the neighbor to sprinkle back there...

OP
cbh142

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
Ugh so this move has been so hectic. We are in the process of getting our house we close august 11th. We are in a condo now and he is getting restless. He tore up a pillow today. He never does that!

OP
cbh142

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
Thank you! I'm looking for an indoor doggy daycare?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Moving is always so crazy and then with the heat,,, makes it worse. and then with a bulldog that needs 'protection' must be really stressful!!! Do your best to mostly keep cool id say... Best of luck on your move,,, day care for now sounds great btw.. just keep him cool :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Summer is such a rough time to be moving, try to stay cool! At least now it's only 95-100 each day instead of 117. And the monsoons rains have been a nice cool down too.

We are now putting down cool pans of water for my chickens and they have stopped panting ever since, even when it was over 110 still. They barely even touch the push in water nipples anymore. [MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION]

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Summer is such a rough time to be moving, try to stay cool! At least now it's only 95-100 each day instead of 117. And the monsoons rains have been a nice cool down too.

We are now putting down cool pans of water for my chickens and they have stopped panting ever since, even when it was over 110 still. They barely even touch the push in water nipples anymore. [MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION]

Thanks ! and im good when im home but going to be gone for a week. Going to have to ask my neighbor to sprinkle or cool water.... I only have two old ladies left,, living out their life in the 'good life' way :)

OP
cbh142

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
I say if you gotta' go to Tucson get one of these [MENTION=5625]cbh142[/MENTION]

Thank you for the information. We have transitioned from our temporary condo to our permanent house in Vail. He seems to be doing just fine. I do feel bad sometimes that he can't come outside with us.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online