Camping With A Bully In Texas

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
battery???? sort of the reason I'm asking is for travel with hank.... If we wanted to stop for lunch, how could I keep auto cool for him w/0 running the motor....

If you leave him in your ride I don't think there is a way to leave him without running the motor. Here are some things I've learned.

I had a 2015 4Runner, no auto start. I left Nelo and the pugs in it and left it running, but I had the extra key and locked the vehicle. We had the 4Runner in my view. Also I had a wireless thermostat I monitored. The thermostat is in the vehicle by my babies, I have the monitor with me and I monitored. I still use it in my new Tundra to make sure my babies are good.

I traded the 4Runner for a Tundra, no auto start so I keep the extra key in my purse so I can do the same thing as the 4Runner.

I researched before getting my Tundra, Chevy, GMC, FORD, and Dodge do not have air vents in the back seat of their crew cabs.

Husband has a GMC with auto start. We had the auto start run time increased, the default I believe is six minutes however we stay on top of this. The run time can be changed.

I hope this info helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
battery???? sort of the reason I'm asking is for travel with hank.... If we wanted to stop for lunch, how could I keep auto cool for him w/0 running the motor....

Errrrrrrrrrr......eat outside with your little furball. :yes:

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo

We do but we have to watch temps. Are you in Red Deer? I must admit I miss being in Red Deer. Yes I said that!!!!!! The weather is awesome in the summer there. The temps were amazing,
loved them. In south Texas, temps over 36C are a risk to all health.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

Yep, always done that in the past... only thing is even though I may be able to take the heat outside, there's times where it's in the 90's and even above that the decision to take or not to take is the question...

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
If you leave him in your ride I don't think there is a way to leave him without running the motor. Here are some things I've learned.

I had a 2015 4Runner, no auto start. I left Nelo and the pugs in it and left it running, but I had the extra key and locked the vehicle. We had the 4Runner in my view. Also I had a wireless thermostat I monitored. The thermostat is in the vehicle by my babies, I have the monitor with me and I monitored. I still use it in my new Tundra to make sure my babies are good.

I traded the 4Runner for a Tundra, no auto start so I keep the extra key in my purse so I can do the same thing as the 4Runner.

I researched before getting my Tundra, Chevy, GMC, FORD, and Dodge do not have air vents in the back seat of their crew cabs.

Husband has a GMC with auto start. We had the auto start run time increased, the default I believe is six minutes however we stay on top of this. The run time can be changed.

I hope this info helps.

aww, and yes ;) I got me (actually two) of the temp monitors thanks to your info back a bit... I'm so glad I did as I feel soooooooooo much better knowing the weather in his seat. The reason for two???? wanted to make sure that they were accurate ;) they were :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We do but we have to watch temps. Are you in Red Deer? I must admit I miss being in Red Deer. Yes I said that!!!!!! The weather is awesome in the summer there. The temps were amazing,
loved them. In south Texas, temps over 36C are a risk to all health.

Odd weather here. 9 one day next day 30 and drops to 10 at night. Can snow in July..... That's their summers here. Yesterday in 8 yrs never seen the wind so strong. 125KM ripped right through Walmart north side mall, Marks, trees ripped out everywhere... All good today. So yes odd weather in the Prairies. Im use to back home summers, a steady 30C and up plus humidity. Ouch! So yes they cant complain here. :)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I'm mainly concerned about him overheating because it gets so hot but Husband and I were watching Canelo. He's very mellow and he wants to go out during the hottest part of the day and he wants to stay out there. I force him inside. When he's overheated it was on the 4Runner only. We'll have two tents with A/Cs, a pop up camper with A/C, and my Tundra which cools real fast so my thought is do I have enough backups.

Now while Canelo doesn't care for baths give him water with dirt and he's a happy camper. He'll go swim with the kids for sure, lol. I also have fans. Even saying this I'm on the fence.

And thanks for the info on ticks, I didn't think about them.

The heat wouldd be my one concern. Chumly was a sun worshipper and would have cooked himself to death if I had let him. He never wanted to come in. Sounds like you have one of those too. The A/C set up sounds great but it is so easy for these dogs to overheat when they are not in it. Ultimately, it is your call as you know your dog and your set up best. Whatever you decide, have fun!

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.