2bullies

2bullies

May 14, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bunny
There are other videos and reviews on their YouTube channel too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
wellllllllll, I'm usually one to want to jump on these things, but Hanks a good eater from either his larger type stainless steal 'mixing' bowl, or a glass mixing bowl of that same size. he does much better out of those than the strait up sided 'dog food' bowls. Just my thoughts but they look real nice :)

OP
2bullies

2bullies

May 14, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bunny
wellllllllll, I'm usually one to want to jump on these things, but Hanks a good eater from either his larger type stainless steal 'mixing' bowl, or a glass mixing bowl of that same size. he does much better out of those than the strait up sided 'dog food' bowls. Just my thoughts but they look real nice :)
Thanks for the input and good idea Hankster. I think I will try the mixing bowls first before spending $200... I just checked and found a whole set of shallow & wide stainless mixing bowls in one of our cupboards that I don't think my wife will miss 😁

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks for the input and good idea Hankster. I think I will try the mixing bowls first before spending $200... I just checked and found a whole set of shallow & wide stainless mixing bowls in one of our cupboards that I don't think my wife will miss ��

ha!! check um out ;) at least give um a shot first ,,mabie they'll do the trick..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I bought one about a year ago... stopped using it. There was no difference in Lambeau using it other than his food flying out the bowl and on the floor/wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
2bullies

2bullies

May 14, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bunny
I bought one about a year ago... stopped using it. There was no difference in Lambeau using it other than his food flying out the bowl and on the floor/wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the input! I don't mind spoiling the dogs and spending money but $200 is pretty steep for dog food bowls that may not add much benefit. Bunny eats so fast that I don't think it will make much difference...

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Didn't try these bowls, but if you really want to slow down eating, slowfeeders - plastic bowls with maze inside work really nice. When Tank ate kibble, it made his eating time 5 minutes instead of 40 seconds.

P.S. LOVE Your dog's name - Bunny- when my Tank is excited, he hops like a bunny and I always grunt at him "Are you a bulldog or a bunny! I should call you a bunny!". They hop so funny:D

OP
2bullies

2bullies

May 14, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bunny
Didn't try these bowls, but if you really want to slow down eating, slowfeeders - plastic bowls with maze inside work really nice. When Tank ate kibble, it made his eating time 5 minutes instead of 40 seconds.

P.S. LOVE Your dog's name - Bunny- when my Tank is excited, he hops like a bunny and I always grunt at him "Are you a bulldog or a bunny! I should call you a bunny!". They hop so funny:D
Lol, that's how she got her name... my daughter named her because she hopped like a bunny when she was a pup

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Duke jumps like a bunny too. When he plays or feeding time is like an out of control bunny. Lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
200 $ for a bowl....that wouldn't happen in my book. Im in the food industry and I dont even buy bowls that expensive. [MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] got it right. Kitchen stainless steel bowls is a great idea.

B770QE

Feb 7, 2016
California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Wow! $200 for food bowls seems crazy expensive to me. Gus eats out of a shallow stainless steel food bowl or a rectangle glass dish. Somewhere I read putting the food on a cookie sheet will slow down their eating. I've never tried the cookie sheet, but the rectangle glass dish does make him eat a little slower. I bought a stand that holds the stainless steel bowls for food & water so his head is level when eating/drinking. The vet mentioned that could reduce the risk of choking.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow! $200 for food bowls seems crazy expensive to me. Gus eats out of a shallow stainless steel food bowl or a rectangle glass dish. Somewhere I read putting the food on a cookie sheet will slow down their eating. I've never tried the cookie sheet, but the rectangle glass dish does make him eat a little slower. I bought a stand that holds the stainless steel bowls for food & water so his head is level when eating/drinking. The vet mentioned that could reduce the risk of choking.

Cookie sheet sounds smart. I just bought a ceramic ball to put in Duke's dish as he's like a vacuum.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I have yet to consult my crew on the preferred method of dispensing kibble, but if I did, I'm reasonably sure that the consensus would opt for something like this...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Gee @oscarmayer that looks like a good wine cup! My underprivileged dogs get clear glass casserole dishes from the Goodwill!:*(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.