Toys?

Jenni0109

Apr 30, 2010
Lithia, Fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly
Any suggestions on toys that the bullies can't resist? Im having a hard time keeping Tilly occupied with DOG toys. She perfers my kids toys (that they leave lying on the floors) like airplanes, cars, plastic plates, forks etc.. I have tried the squeekie stuffed toys and she enoys them for all of 5 mins, then its old new. I don't give any of my dogs rawhides because I have seen one too many dogs come into the clinic for labored breathing only to find out why were choking on a bone or rawhide (we had 2 dogs in 3 months that we're DOA) :(

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
I too would like to know this. I believe the "Kong" brand may be the only thing that will survive a bulldog.

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
horse spends tons of time gnawing (i think thats how you spell it) on his extra strong nylabone, he's loved it since he was a puppy! we put a rubber toy around it so that he can hold it easier with his paws, and he loves it!

emangan

May 21, 2010
I agree with the kong toys not only strong you can put dry kibble or other goodies for them to enjoy . They have several to choose from.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We do Kong also. My mother-n-law is constantly bringing home dog toys for the pups. She usually has to return them because they do not last longer than 10 minutes. Vegas destroys most plush toys. He has a few that have big round noses that he saves for night time (sucking). Orion has a 10 dollar teddy bear from Walmart that she sucks on, but even just by sucking, we are on number 3 (she's not even 1 yet) Vegas does well with the Cuz balls.......he eventually works them over, but they hold up pretty well. The ONLY toy brand we've never replaced is KONG. They do get bored with them, they need to broaden their line.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
The double action nylabone chews last almost forever in our home. We have 1 of each style and actually only replace them after a couple years when the edges get sharp. Also the nylabone puppy teething keys have surprisingly lasted over a year in this house as well. Was bought as a xmas gift thinking it would be good while it lasted and sure enough they are still going strong. My boy is obsessed with balls or anything that can be "fetched" and his fav ball comes out of the kong wubba actually. He chews into that and eventually hits the goldmine when he finds the ball in there. Also the cuz is very durable but has a loud squeek. lol. Ropes are a fav also but he eats them and that doesnt seem very safe so we stopped with those. The petstages orka jack chew toy is great also and doubles as a fun bouncy throw toy. (sorry am looking on petsmart and looking thru all the toys so I have the right names, list is getting long I know) Also all of the air kong toys have been favs of my boys too but he likes to tear them apart more and again I dont think eating that material is the safest thing. Ok I am done rambling. ;)

Speedbeegle

May 26, 2010
Western NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Tobias K. Smith
I do the kong toys mainly b/c my pound puppy is an aggressive chewer, he takes the "fuzzy" off of everything that is the tennis ball texture after he takes the sweaky out. Toby's favorite toy is a cuz dinosour. I never knew dinosours could cause such problems, but this bully pouncing on this dinosaur out of the blue is the funniest thing. They both play with the kongs. I often think that my pound puppy, who isn't a puppy any longer keeps the 3 year old bully young, he is part lab and they say they are older when they grow out of the puppy phase.

englishbulldogs

Jun 7, 2010
A dog food or treat dispensing toy will challenge your dog as your dog works to remove it. This is a good dog toy for overweight dogs as it slows down the mealtime process. Stuffed squeaky toys will keep your dog enthused for hours. Make sure it has bright colors and embroidered detail or eyes. Embroidery will stay put and can’t be swallowed.

Cozza

May 26, 2010
Currently living in Louisiana but moving back to F
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I admit it's so difficult to find durable bully toys and I have been through alot and spent a fortune! The ones he really loves are the plush soft toys but I have come to the conclusion that they are a waste of money because they last exactly 3 days once he's accomplished his mission of ripping through the material until the stuffing comes out. Not a good idea!

Any of the hard rubber toys are the best. Winston has had his kong since he was a puppy (it's the medium size) and I buy the long ziggy treats that go inside it. I coat it thinly with peanut butter which he LOVES.

He also has a nylabone which he holds upright in between his paws and chews. It's pretty well chewed now but it's still going after a long time and he loves it.

He has a couple of rope toys but he'll really only play with that if I'm on the other end doing tug of war :)

Another great option is an empty water bottle. Peel off the label and take the white ring off at the top left by the cap and most bullies love to chase those and chew on them. Just keep an eye out that he doesn't overchew on it and start eating the plastic. Then it's time to replace it.

So in conclusion, I'd say stick with any of the hard rubber toys that are not easily destructible. Mine only plays with his in the evening for a couple of hours. The rest of the day, he's napping :D

ChanceABulls

Mar 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Khloee Rose and China
We give both of our girls the Hartz chew bone water toy!! It is a plastic chew bone with nubbs on it that also help with there teeth. It is set up where you can put water in it, however we never do. My oldest female will spend hours chewing on these. They can be bought at Kroger or on Ebay. Not too sure of any place else that sells them. They may not look as durable as the Kong toys but for us with our 2 girls they have held up better than Kong. Hope this helps :).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.