helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
A month now and still poops in his pen at night!!! Errrrrgggggggg. Little sh*t!

Cut his food to 2 cups per days.....last business is at 11pm which he does both...alarm set at 4am....and bammm never fails still 2 poops on his pads. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Try going back to bed! Pffffft..... baby steps baby steps is going to go out the window soon lolllll

Had dogs all my life but man what a pig head this one is.

Better get clean soon before I .... :aaargh::tapfoot::cursing::cursing::cursing::yell::yell::yell:

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White

Cut his food to 2 cups per days.....last business is at 11pm which he does both...alarm set at 4am....and bammm never fails still 2 poops on his pads. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Try going back to bed! Pffffft..... baby steps baby steps is going to go out the window soon lolllll

Better get clean soon before I .... :aaargh::tapfoot::cursing::cursing::cursing::yell::yell::yell:

LOL

Chunky never quit going in the house until he was 6 months or so but it wasn't an everyday thing. I probably gave him too much room to run around also so he was able to go away from where he slept.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
omg your so funny.... soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,, I'm thinking that or wondering if, it's a good thing and i'll tell you what I'm thinking... Is he able to poop in one place and get to his bed and not to to close to the poop then I would be real happy that he went there... I loved that my shih tzus 'could' go on a pad if need be as rarely I would leave the house longer than anticipated and they could potty if they had to... I'm one who LOVES the potty pad for that reason. Hank on the other hand was trained so easy that he doesn't think of the pad as an option and so I'm much more worrysome about being gone very long as I don't want him to suffer holding it. OR...... is he able to smoosh around in it and therefore you get extra fun in the am....

Florida girls

Feb 3, 2015
FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie Kae, Lady
Maybe it's separation anxiety? Lady did the same thing. It stopped when I let her sleep in our bedroom either in her crate or on her bed. Just a thought...:ponder:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I am lucky that Louie doesn't pee or poop during the night. After a couple nights of giving him a pee pad in the pen, I stopped putting them in there because he would just rip them up.

However, he did pee twice in the house yesterday and it is frustrating. And he will drop some turds as well if we are not fast enough. The other day I thought he had brought in a couple of pine cones because he grabs them when we are outside so I was about to go pick them up but they were turds! Didn't even see it happen. But they are still babies. He gets taken out every hour and sooner, if needed. But sometimes he is just too fast. Jax was potty trained within 3 months of bringing him home so I am hopeful!!

Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
Diesel is 5 months and I'm going through the same thing!!! I don't have any suggestions [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
But he's really young still, isn't he? Now I'm all for attachment parenting for skin as well as fur kids... and kept Castor close (his bed next to mine) and took him out twice per nigth I think and as far as I can remeber we never had accidents at night until he was perhaps half a year when he suddenly started wetting his bed, but that was because he lay in draught. When we moved his bed around a corner that problem disappeared.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Im just venting as all my dogs were clean after a month...I know I know :rolleyes: lol

I work from home so easier especially in the day. Him n Nyala are mostly outside ubless its too hot. Its nights. Poops on the pad which is beside his bed in a pen. Time will tell as yes he's still young. 4 months. Impatient me lol.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Bella hasn't gone potty in the house at night in months, sleeps sometimes 9:30 pm til 6 or 7am in my bed since 3 1/2 months old. But she does poop in the house more than I would like during the day. The little turd will sneak off into my formal living room ( more privacy I guess) as we never use it. She has never gone in her crate they we put her in while out ir it if we need her to settle down from bouncing off the walls. Lol

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella hasn't gone potty in the house at night in months, sleeps sometimes 9:30 pm til 6 or 7am in my bed since 3 1/2 months old. But she does poop in the house more than I would like during the day. The little turd will sneak off into my formal living room ( more privacy I guess) as we never use it. She has never gone in her crate they we put her in while out ir it if we need her to settle down from bouncing off the walls. Lol

Yes if I put him in my bed he wouldn't poop for sure, if hes on the sofa he wouldn't go either but I dont want him on my bed nor sofa while not being supervised. Safer in his pen than roaming around the house at night. I also value my shoes! :D

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Sorry for what your going thru but at least I know I'm not alone. These dogs do not potty train easily. We are down to 4 pees in the house in 2 weeks instead of 4 times a day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:laugh: Love your vents

Remember... his limit is 5 hours ar age of 4 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Don't you have a "patience" oil to put in your diffuser? Of ALL the pups I have had,bullies took the longest to house train. But I did get up
at least 4 times a night! The youngest one was 10 months before I could put the puppy pad away,as she would have a "quickie pee" when they did their wild play!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Don't you have a "patience" oil to put in your diffuser? Of ALL the pups I have had,bullies took the longest to house train. But I did get up
at least 4 times a night! The youngest one was 10 months before I could put the puppy pad away,as she would have a "quickie pee" when they did their wild play!

Lollll brilliant suggestion for a patience oil Missy! Probably sniff it pure so it can kick in faster! Lolll

He's doing ok. Never had a Bully. Brains harder than cement wall!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Yes if I put him in my bed he wouldn't poop for sure, if hes on the sofa he wouldn't go either but I dont want him on my bed nor sofa while not being supervised. Safer in his pen than roaming around the house at night. I also value my shoes! :D

Oh I totally agree. She is not left out when not supervised (which is not often). She is only in her ctatebif I go out. And she would definitely chew up anything she could get her mouth on. I take many things away from her daily. Rocks/sticks/shoes/socks. Most any thing she can get into! Lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.