Sandy's hips

RVCZ51

May 17, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sandy
On June 5th Sandy will be 3 months old. I was playing with her today and heard some popping noises coming from her hips. So I put my hand on her back side and moved her legs up and down and I felt the popping. I am really nervous is this normal? She is going to the vet on the 7th for shots and I will bring it up then. Any insight would be appreciated.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I am sorry I am no help to you but how is her mobility? Does she move around good, act like she's in pain

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I would be a little concerned...but not alarmed. Hip dysplasia is rather common in the Bulldog. Some tolerate the abnormality and some do not. Have your Vet examine her thoroughly. If she ends up needing surgery to correct it you've got lots of time to prepare. Please let us know what the Vet has to say...hopefully it's just something she'll grow out of.

OP
R

RVCZ51

May 17, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sandy
Her mobility is perfectly fine and she is experiencing no pain that I can see. She runs around just fine bit i dont let he jumf on or off anything.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with others... some concern but have her evaluated and as you are doing... no jumping and no going DOWN steps..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk