Neighbors dog making Dozer poop in the house ahhh

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I always walk Dozer on a leash outside. A few days ago a large black dog wandered into my yard while we were outside . Dozer lost his mind! He started doing his tough guy bark and ran for the door. This was a large older dog who was not at all challanging Dozer or trying to intimidate him. In fact he sat down and just looked at him very confused,when Dozer started to bark. This wasn't a submissive move however, just more of an old tired WTH kinda of thing. I have never seen Dozer act this way towards a dog ever! He has been in daycare since he was 10 weeks old and loves all the dogs there. His best friends is 130 lbs, so I know it wasn't the dogs size that scared him. Now everytime we go outside we hear dogs barking ( a lot of our neighbors have outside dogs:angry: and they bark constantly) Dozer hurries and does a quick pee and then stands guard. It doesn't matter if I am out there with him for an hour he won't :poo:. He comes back in and always ends up :poo: in my house. I have just about had it!

Wnstnsddy

Sep 21, 2010
Va Beach, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
My Wife and I have somewhat similar problem, without the pooping int he house. The new neighbors in the condo next to ours keeps their pit bull on the back patio almost all the time. Winny and the Pit have played before, she is pretty well behaved and non aggressive, a little rough, but no major concern. However, now Winny and the Pit want to play all the time, and the pit has practically dug a hole under the fence and tries with all its will to get out and play with Winny when I walk him to go poop. Its a major distraction because Winny wants to go over to the fence and play. We finally had to move Winston to a new area to do his business, I have to lure him with treats to get him in this new area, but because he has been using the old area since he was pup, he still heads over there first thing in the morning.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] When you take him outside on the leash, is it to just do his business, or is it an actual walk leaving the house? I ask because it sounds like he either has fears with neighborhood dogs in which case his fears should be faced and conquered, or he is protective of his house in which case a walk away from his house should ease his mind and refusal to poo.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
We have tried both and still no pooping. So i decided that i will just wait him out. He will have to go eventually right?!?! I am back to putting him in a crate and not letting him free roam the house anymore until we get this situation under control.:down:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.