Reason 999 why Vegas does not sleep with me!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Last night rare occasion, I had the bed to myself so I let Vegas sleep with me, which is rare. I don't think he really likes it either, he gets to hot and pants all night.

I woke up around 2 a.m. hanging off the side of my queen size bed with Vegas spooning my side and no covers. I tried jerking some covers and the more I pulled the more he laid down harder on them. I rolled over to push him over and he made his 63 lbs. feel like it was 163!!!! Dead Weight!! I literally had to get out of my bed, go to the other side and drag him over so that I could have some room. This lasted until 3:30 a.m. when I woke up to hanging out of MY bed again, and again at 5 and finally at 8 so we just got up.

Tonight it is back to his crate where I can get some sound sleep and so can he. :yes:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
This is why my husband has an inflatable mattress in the closet. He eventually is to tired to make them move and will pull out the mattress. He used to use a sleeping bag. [He hits snooze to many times for me to work the alarm so he won't move to the couch] This Christmas my son bought him the inflatable mattress.

I swore no more dogs in our bed...Now Ahsoka is old enough to be left out. And...she will occassionally lay in bed. But she prefers laying on the floor so she can stretch out. Sarge lays at my ankles with his fat head on my ankle when he sleeps. Tank...can and has pushed the husband out of the bed while he slept.

I'm just relieved Ahsoka our aussie pup prefers to sleep on the Chaise Lounge or on the floor and not in our bed. But I dread waking up to go potty in the early hours of morning. For she is there thinking the day has started already...she's got an off button for the most part...but mornings I swear she's been hooked up all night to an IV drip of caffeine...

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Last night rare occasion, I had the bed to myself so I let Vegas sleep with me, which is rare. I don't think he really likes it either, he gets to hot and pants all night.

I woke up around 2 a.m. hanging off the side of my queen size bed with Vegas spooning my side and no covers. I tried jerking some covers and the more I pulled the more he laid down harder on them. I rolled over to push him over and he made his 63 lbs. feel like it was 163!!!! Dead Weight!! I literally had to get out of my bed, go to the other side and drag him over so that I could have some room. This lasted until 3:30 a.m. when I woke up to hanging out of MY bed again, and again at 5 and finally at 8 so we just got up.

Tonight it is back to his crate where I can get some sound sleep and so can he. :yes:

Awwwww..... Isn't Vegas just the cutest little thing you ever did see???............................. :p

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
oh my....i can't even budge Bullet at 40-ish pounds. i've had to get up and physically move him so i can adjust my blankets. oh my, what we do for our bullies. :eek: hope you catch up on your sleep! ;)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
haha. Vegas is awesome. He sure know how to be the man of the house.

Stig took over my side of the bed last night too. Our heater stopped overnight and he chose to stay really close to me for heat I think. So, of course, he had to get comfortable and do the 'cow tipping' stance and pushed me almost off the bed. Why he didn't go to my bf instead, I will never know.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Ditto with Vegas R. Sometimes I end up in all sorts of positions (sideways, at the bottom half, fetal, half off, no covers) just to accommodate him.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
I must some nights...I regret I share the bed with bullies...though Sarge is amazing. He'll scoot over...Tank won't budge.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That's too funny .. and yes that is my world too. I am now an accomplished sleeper on 6" of mattress ... and sometimes less than that!! It brings a whole new meaning to living life on the edge .... :LMAO:

L

Lucy-licious

A good night's sleep is too important to me to share my bed or bedroom with the boys!

I'm right there with you [MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION].....no way am I jeopardising my nights sleep so that Lucy can sleep with us oh no no no!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Welcome to my world!! I now place a big king size pillow by my side so I dont fall of the bed. But I am used to it now;)

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I'm right there with you [MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION].....no way am I jeopardising my nights sleep so that Lucy can sleep with us oh no no no!

I'm with both of you ladies! Plus I read an article about all the things our little lovebugs come in contact with outside on their paws, nose, tongue (maybe not everyone but since Chunk's hangs out all the time, it's always dirty after we are out), skin, etc. Let's just say he's lucky he's still allowed on the couch. But I have a cover over the couch and clean it just about every other day. I'm a bit OCD!!! :LMAO:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online