Chasing shadows

K9ldy

May 21, 2017
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OZZIE
Tonight I was taking Ozzie on the last walkie of the day. I have lights on the corner of my house. He actually noticed my and his shadows. They were really big shadows. He kept watching them as we walked around the sideyard. Then he acted like he wanted to play with them, cracked me up. :biglaugh: I've had dogs my entire long life and never have any of them paid attention to their shadows. Although He is my first English bulldog. Anybody else's bulldog do the shadow thing?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Awwwwa.....puppies do funny things for sure. My GS use to do the shadow thing too. Any new photos of da Ozzie? He's a cutie for sure.

OP
K9ldy

K9ldy

May 21, 2017
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OZZIE
Awwwwa.....puppies do funny things for sure. My GS use to do the shadow thing too. Any new photos of da Ozzie? He's a cutie for sure.

I posted some in my other thread.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
No chasing shadows but MINI barks at her reflection in the refrigerator. Hard to believe she can see herself through all the dried snot and slobber.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17178]K9ldy[/MENTION] My Frug barks at her reflection in the oven(glass) door every night. Been doing it for 8 years!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh my gosh these guys never cease to amaze me.... be prepared for a funny ride :) They ARE characters :)

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Tonight I was taking Ozzie on the last walkie of the day. I have lights on the corner of my house. He actually noticed my and his shadows. They were really big shadows. He kept watching them as we walked around the sideyard. Then he acted like he wanted to play with them, cracked me up. :biglaugh: I've had dogs my entire long life and never have any of them paid attention to their shadows. Although He is my first English bulldog. Anybody else's bulldog do the shadow thing?

Daphne chased her shadow for hours and for months. She barked at it incessantly. Then one day she stopped.
Today we installed the outdoor curtains in the photo below. It's 11::30AM and she has been barking at them since 9:0o
1379983bba28d9133f44dee751f2f21a.jpg
A M. She also refuses to go out the sliding door to get onto the lanai where her doggie door to the fenced yard is. I just had to drag her out the front door by her leash to go pee.
Bulldoggies are weird to the max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K9ldy

K9ldy

May 21, 2017
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OZZIE
No chasing shadows but MINI barks at her reflection in the refrigerator. Hard to believe she can see herself through all the dried snot and slobber.

Too funny, I can relate to snot and slobber. One of my friends came over for a visit, she looked at my full glass storm door and said that is so neat, how did you get the bottom half in frosted glass? I laughed and said that's not frosted that's dried slobber. :drool:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No shadows... but reflections are the current nemesis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I'm going to start playing the "frosted" card on stuff throughout the house. Sheer genius.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.