Hercules is limping!

kenc87

Apr 27, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
I have noticed that herc is favoring his right rear leg.. from my research it seems like the most common culprit could be an acl/ccl tear... I love my dog but am not sure I have 5-7000 for a bilateral tplo if that is what it comes to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ok first thing I would do is give it a few days, and put him on restricted activity. If the limping continues (or gets worse) then make a trip to the vets. Many times bullies push themselves too hard, and it's not an actual tear.

2bullies

May 14, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bunny
After a trip to the dog park last weekend, Bunny started limping as well and favored her front left paw. Being in Arizona, where everything that grows has thorns, I checked her paws for thorns but didn't find anything. After a few days rest and no walks, the limp went away and she is back to her old self.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

OP
K

kenc87

Apr 27, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
We are going to limit him to one room and keep it that way for the next couple weeks. He'll just catch up on sleep lol. After that we will see how he does. We just moved across the country for jobs and are trying to buy a house and I hate to say it but I just don't have the cash to fix it if it's a tear without going into debt... I will if I have to buy really hope not to

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have noticed that herc is favoring his right rear leg.. from my research it seems like the most common culprit could be an acl/ccl tear... I love my dog but am not sure I have 5-7000 for a bilateral tplo if that is what it comes to... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whooooa not too fast... not saying you are wrong but.....Nyala when she plays with her pitty cousins she limped bad last time. She even freaked me out and trust me I dont freak out that easily. Took 2 days ish to go away. I wiped up some essential oils for inflammation, massage her front leg, no activity for a week. Nyala is not the normal bully that can lay there. It did go away.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We are going to limit him to one room and keep it that way for the next couple weeks. He'll just catch up on sleep lol. After that we will see how he does. We just moved across the country for jobs and are trying to buy a house and I hate to say it but I just don't have the cash to fix it if it's a tear without going into debt... I will if I have to buy really hope not to

I would give it a couple of days, if he's still limping I would take him to the vets to be sure. If it's a tear I would just be up front w/the vet regarding the costs, maybe they can work out something for you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I will give it at least a week to see how he does... restrict walks to short leashed walks, no jumping or running. Look up on Amazon, 'Movoflex' it is a good somewhat nature anti-inflammatory

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
What's the latest on Herc?...improving, I hope.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.