Oh no, I think Stig ate a piece of a pop bottle!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
This was at around 6pm last night and it was one of those 2L pop bottles. He managed to chew a 2x2 inch piece of it off and I have no clue if he ingested it whole or in little pieces.

Been monitoring him since then and he`s eating and pooping ok. Pooed twice, this morning and 2pm-ish with solid stools, no reddish tint nor abnormal dark colour. But I don`t think he pooped any of the plastic out.

This morning, when my bf and I were giving him a bath, he growled a little when we were cleaning his private/butt area. Only once though when we were rinsing him. Never heard him do that before. Then a few min ago he did again when I was touching a spot on his bottom area b/c I was trying to move him from a spot on the couch.

What should I do? Has anyone's bully or other dogs ingested pieces of a bottle before? I'm thinking of going to this pet hospital that's about an hour away from me. Or should I go to the emerg clinic that's about 20 mins away.

I'm so mad at myself for not taking the bottle away from him sooner. =(

Last edited:

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Oh no! Mocha havent done that so I would just keep an eye on Him. Maybe you should take him to the Vets. Iam so sorry. keep us posted.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have never experienced any of this. I would think if he is hurting that close to the anus, he is getting ready to pass it. Maybe he actually did and you missed it, but now his little butt is sore from it. Keep us posted and let us know what happens. Abby seems to pass EVERYTHING she come in contact with, whole stuffed animals, trash etc.... I never have had to worry about sharp things. I hope all is well.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think you can safely wait a day or two and if he acts like he is sick (throwing up, not eating) you can take him in right away. I am trying to imagine whether that would safely pass through him or not, and I think plastic would be VERY hard to see on an xray..... with the bedding amounts I have pulled out of Yuna's & Jesse's backsides in the past I would think it would pass no problem.... and Jesse loves to eat rocks too and they always come out. She has rocky poop!!! But I surely don't want you to not go to the vet if you feel something is not right= so always go with your gut instinct. It is always better to be safe than sorry. Otherwise lots of water and put him on a bland diet and that should help him pass it.

When I thought Jesse ate a toy and I took her into the vet they could not see anything on the xray, and told me to put her on the bland diet. She had not pooped in 2 days. Of course as soon as we got home she took a big ol :poo: !!! :angry: I was so mad but of course happy at the same time as I could stop worrying!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Ruggles ate part of the plastic crate bottom and passed it okay. Mack ate a small part of a Humunga Tongue toy and passed most of it that night. 6 months later he had symptoms of a blockage--throwing up. Vet couldn't find anything. Another 6 months pass, throwing up again, this time the part of rubber toy showed up in xray. He has 4 inches less intestine now. Last summer Ruggles ate a beanie baby, wormie. It stayed in his stomach for a whole month before we got it in a forced puke. I hope Stig passes it. My experience tells me it is easier coming out via a forced puke. Ruggles also ate a piece of towel. We messed around here with our local vet, xrays couldn't find it, took him to a vet. school hospital, their more sensitive xray equipment found it, open him up and took it out. Ruggles also ate a section of the cat's pillow--about 12" X 6". I took him right in for a forced puke and up it came. I guess what I think is that it still could be in his stomach and I'd get a forced puke!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I think that he can pass a 2X2 inch piece of plastic, that really isn't that big. I saw Samson, when he was only like 3-5 months, pass this seed from whatever fruit tree was by our apartment at that time and it was definitely bigger than that. I agree with Bella's Mom and desertsky, he may be grumbily because he is about to pass it or maybe he did and you didn't see it. But like desertsky said always trust your instincts! I hope that thing comes out ASAP so you can stop worrying!

Members online

No members online now.