Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Desperate for advice: starting to think there is nothing Walter can eat

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Walt
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Desperate for advice: starting to think there is nothing Walter can eat

Ok guys update. I think he is peeing in the housebecause he doesnt want to go on the grass. Whenever he does go outside he doesnt go to his usual spot, he goes on the concrete and i tried cleaning his paws with witch hazel hast night and he pulled back and ran which he doesnt normally. I checked this morning and it was hard to pull them apart before he ran.

I want to get him a steroid injection but im due to have a baby any moment, and with already paying a vet bill and other unforeseen expenses this month we are low on funds so he wants yo just ride it out and give benedryl and use what we have. We have some hot spot spray from the dr, ACV,white vinegar, benedryl and maleseb shampoo. I think i need to try these first!!

Do you know if this sort of breakout will go away when it runs its course though his system? It was just 1 cup for crying out loud!!

I love my Walter but damn lol the madness.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Desperate for advice: starting to think there is nothing Walter can eat

Quote Originally Posted by WaltsMom View Post
    Ok guys update. I think he is peeing in the housebecause he doesnt want to go on the grass. Whenever he does go outside he doesnt go to his usual spot, he goes on the concrete and i tried cleaning his paws with witch hazel hast night and he pulled back and ran which he doesnt normally. I checked this morning and it was hard to pull them apart before he ran.

I want to get him a steroid injection but im due to have a baby any moment, and with already paying a vet bill and other unforeseen expenses this month we are low on funds so he wants yo just ride it out and give benedryl and use what we have. We have some hot spot spray from the dr, ACV,white vinegar, benedryl and maleseb shampoo. I think i need to try these first!!

Do you know if this sort of breakout will go away when it runs its course though his system? It was just 1 cup for crying out loud!!

I love my Walter but damn lol the madness.
    It could be a mix of food and environmental.... continue the Benedryl, 1mg per pound 2x a day. Wipe his paws and face with an unscented baby wipe when he comes in from outside... this could lessen the issues for awhile.

Good luck with your delivery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

3. Likes WaltsMom liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Walt
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for your helpful comments! I cant tell you how much they have helped me help him.
    Ok i gave him a bath in vinegar water, let maleseb shampoo sit for 10 mins, paws soaking in the tub... etc. dried him off and he seems to be peeing on the grass now and his bumps have decreased in size by at least half so far and it's been like 12 hours. things are looking up, i may be able to delay the allergy test for another month to at least look into local options.

Thanks!!!!

5. Likes cefe13, 2BullyMama, Florida girls liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for your helpful comments! I cant tell you how much they have helped me help him.
    Ok i gave him a bath in vinegar water, let maleseb shampoo sit for 10 mins, paws soaking in the tub... etc. dried him off and he seems to be peeing on the grass now and his bumps have decreased in size by at least half so far and it's been like 12 hours. things are looking up, i may be able to delay the allergy test for another month to at least look into local options.

Thanks!!!!
    Sounds like improvement! Best wishes to you and Walt!

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thanks!!!!
    Awesome... stay with it and he'll improve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads