Moving to Georgia - need some advice please!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
logo.png
Check out MIUSA [MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION]

Doobs41378

Mar 24, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Figgy
Welcome to the US. You missed a great Super Bowl this year as long as you were not from Atlanta :)

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hi everyone and thank you so much for greetings and good words and wishes. Sorry for a late reply, but last few days were so hectic.
Yes, I know that it is extremely risky to fly now, but we have very tight schedule - due to unfortunate technical mistake in US embassy in Beijing we were granted single entry visas instead of supposed multiple and we have to enter US before August 8th, so it doesn't help to leave Tank in China, as we cannot come back to pick him up.
But I guess my desperate prayers ( and yours probably, too, guys!) took an action and today it is raining and 17 C in Beijing, and yesterday it was 31C! Today Tank went for customs clearance and tomorrow morning he flies to Frankfurt. And Atlanta shows for Wednesday when he arrives rain and 73 F, which is an unbelievable luck and blessing. So, fingers crossed!!!
But I am still going crazy and won't have peace until I get my poor doggy in Atlanta.

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I live about 100 miles south of Atlanta! Originally from NY. I do love it here because I hated the snow. It does get very, very hot and humid here. It has already been in the 90's and humid and it's not even summertime yet! Lol
The only cold moths that we have had are really Jan. And February. It has been in the high 70's in December.
We love the new stadium and also the aquarium. There are also lots of state parks, water falls and hiking in Ga.

Wow, thanks, sounds cool. We actually also gonna stay south from Atlanta, we rented a house in Peachtree City and my husband will work in LaGrange. I would like to ask you, if you don't mind, do you know a good bullie vet around? I checked out the list of trusted vets for Georgia on EBN, but it never hurts to know from fellow bullie mom firsthand.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi everyone and thank you so much for greetings and good words and wishes. Sorry for a late reply, but last few days were so hectic.
Yes, I know that it is extremely risky to fly now, but we have very tight schedule - due to unfortunate technical mistake in US embassy in Beijing we were granted single entry visas instead of supposed multiple and we have to enter US before August 8th, so it doesn't help to leave Tank in China, as we cannot come back to pick him up.
But I guess my desperate prayers ( and yours probably, too, guys!) took an action and today it is raining and 17 C in Beijing, and yesterday it was 31C! Today Tank went for customs clearance and tomorrow morning he flies to Frankfurt. And Atlanta shows for Wednesday when he arrives rain and 73 F, which is an unbelievable luck and blessing. So, fingers crossed!!!
But I am still going crazy and won't have peace until I get my poor doggy in Atlanta.

Hang in there Nat, all will be ok. Tank had bigger issues than this and pull through! He's going to do it again as his your little Trooper! Positive thinking positive thinking Missy!!! My thoughts are with you.....

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thank you so much! This will be the longest two days of my life, but what hurts the most is what a terror must feel poor pup being left by mom, put in the crate for long hours without toilet and placed inside a roaring monster for long hours. :scared:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers!!! Check in when you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh boy we're all with you!! Please let us know how you all are when .. or as soon as you can... Our hearts are pounding too, but with prayers and positive thoughts, all will be well and you get to enjoy your new life here... Excited for you... Welcome back.. Going to be an adjustment for you as well I'm sure but your boy will help you through it... love and prayers... me and hank :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am praying for Tank,that he is safe and makes the journey okay.It is very scary.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION]
Bon voyage to Tank and to you all!

K9ldy

May 21, 2017
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OZZIE

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Have a safe flight and when in Frankfurt do not be scared to ask the airline where Tank is and how he is doing. In Amsterdam I had 4 people running around in the end because all I got in the beginning was "Oh, he's fine, don't worry". Not good enough. Nobody really knew anything or could be bothered until I pushed it and push it I did! Ask for a picture!!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Have a safe flight and when in Frankfurt do not be scared to ask the airline where Tank is and how he is doing. In Amsterdam I had 4 people running around in the end because all I got in the beginning was "Oh, he's fine, don't worry". Not good enough. Nobody really knew anything or could be bothered until I pushed it and push it I did! Ask for a picture!!

omg YES!! I was just going to add " ask for a picture" everyone carrys the ability to do that!!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
I hope all goes well with your travel. As for Atlanta if you are out of the city it can be common for Coyotes to prowl. Also more chances of snakes, most are not harmful but watch out for these. 6 Most Dangerous Snakes in Georgia There are ticks, poisonous plants Plants That May Poison Your Pets : The Humane Society of the United States and if your dog is allergic to pollen, there is plenty of that. Georgia is a beautiful state.

The snakes have been really bad this year. A few of my friends I have noticed posting in Facebook cotton mouths and copperheads in their yards over these last few weeks. My son works a Vetrinary office and they have had many dogs come in with snake bites already this year. One family had three of their dogs get bit. One was in pretty bad shape when brought in the third one was spared since he probably ran out of venom. Oh and the anti venom is not cheap! :(

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Wow, thanks, sounds cool. We actually also gonna stay south from Atlanta, we rented a house in Peachtree City and my husband will work in LaGrange. I would like to ask you, if you don't mind, do you know a good bullie vet around? I checked out the list of trusted vets for Georgia on EBN, but it never hurts to know from fellow bullie mom firsthand.

I use a vet in Perry, Georgia. He came highly recommended by someone I met who has had many bulldogs. The vet went to school at UGA which is where the mascot is a Bulldog named Uga. I did see there were at least 3 near the Atlanta area so they are much closer to Peachtree city. Love to visit that area! They have great tennis there.

Most Reactions