Do people ever mistake your bully for a more aggressive breed?

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I have no problem with pit bulls, I actually really like them. I hate the ignorance that there is for the breed and how ignorant some people can be, basing a dog on the breed when it's entirely up to the owners. That being said.

Delilah has been mistaken for a pit bull SO many times and it's really aggravating. She looks nothing like a pit bull..hello, she's tiny. And any time some one says it, without fail, someone gets upset and starts glaring at us. She's a bulldog, people. Not a pit bull. Or a pug. We hear that one a lot, too.

There have been countless times where kids have been scared of her at the dog park based on her appearance. Don't even get me started on that! These kids weren't even old enough to be in the park. You have to be atleast four feet tall to come in, and these kids were maybe four or five so weren't of height requirement. They were freaking out, squealing, saying Delilah was vicious and the kids parents actually tried to get us to leave the dog park! I said no way. Delilah has never even growled and I highly doubt she would ever hurt a soul. She lives in a day care, for pete's sake! My step-mom runs an in home day care. Delilah sleeps with the babies. They have nothing to worry about. Hard to get that through some people's heads, though..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online