Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do people ever mistake your bully for a more aggressive breed?

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do people ever mistake your bully for a more aggressive breed?

I havent ran into this yet. People do ask what kind of dogs they are. I would have thought was obvious

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

They are celebrities at the pet store...and around the lake association. Only a few have asked if they were pit bulls. Once they learned other wise...they were not fearful.

Now...our one neighbor. Used to deliver newspapers which makes him an expert on ALL dogs. Says he's not afraid of Tank. But wouldn't trust Sarge period! He's scared to death of him. And if Sarge is out in the yard refuses to stop and talk. Because...he "used to deliver newspapers and knows these things"

Now my dogs have never bit a sole. BUT...if one was more apt to bite I would choose the Tank over Sarge any day. For...he's my grumbly bear. He hates to be disturbed when he sleeps. Sarge you can wake him from a dead sleep and he's rarin' to play and wrestle. Tank also has the traditional bullie greeting. Bullie Butt Wiggle. Sarge...does NOT. For his lil' tail actually can wiggle. So he stands wiggling his tail. And what they see is this bulldog stance dog that isn't greeting them as friendly as Tank. Who's about to go into a seizure any minute if he's not petted.

I agree with the underbite comment. I think they do make them appear more aggressive. I had one person tell me that Tank carries a two prong hole punch around with him. Due to his underbite.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
    Likes (Received)

I know Bertie got some serious looks at Petco the other day...I think it was people just didn't know what to think about her new shirt that she was wearing. It said "I LOVE CATS!...They taste like chicken!"

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

I have no problem with pit bulls, I actually really like them. I hate the ignorance that there is for the breed and how ignorant some people can be, basing a dog on the breed when it's entirely up to the owners. That being said.

Delilah has been mistaken for a pit bull SO many times and it's really aggravating. She looks nothing like a pit bull..hello, she's tiny. And any time some one says it, without fail, someone gets upset and starts glaring at us. She's a bulldog, people. Not a pit bull. Or a pug. We hear that one a lot, too.

There have been countless times where kids have been scared of her at the dog park based on her appearance. Don't even get me started on that! These kids weren't even old enough to be in the park. You have to be atleast four feet tall to come in, and these kids were maybe four or five so weren't of height requirement. They were freaking out, squealing, saying Delilah was vicious and the kids parents actually tried to get us to leave the dog park! I said no way. Delilah has never even growled and I highly doubt she would ever hurt a soul. She lives in a day care, for pete's sake! My step-mom runs an in home day care. Delilah sleeps with the babies. They have nothing to worry about. Hard to get that through some people's heads, though..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads