What is your biggest frustration with owning an English Bulldog?

sowdie

May 27, 2010
MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I'll admit that the thought has crossed my mind about someone potentially trying to steal Lola, but I didn't think much of it....Does this happen a lot? I'm a pretty big guy, so i doubt someone would try to take her from while i walk her, but i also take her on car rides with me. I don't leave her there for long, but certainly long enough for someone to swipe her...that's a horrifying thought!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh yes they will steal her if you leave her in the car, I would stop that and fast. Heck we are all worried about people knowing we have them and stealing them from our homes, let alone out in the open. You are safe to walk her its just a matter of who is watching where you live is the biggest worry for you. We have nra stickers all over our windows so I figure you would have to be crazy to even think about it but then again there are a lot of crazies out there.

Frances

Feb 5, 2010
MIAMI, FLLORIDA
Bulldog(s) Names
EMMA
I also fear of them being stolen. I have locks on my gates but do not allow them to be outside on their own. In the evenings when it's cooler they like to play outside but unless I can sit out with them I don't let them in the yard.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Actually, my greatest frustration is all of the conflicting information I'm getting from different Veternarians. Trying to find a Veternarian who is schooled and experienced in Bulldogs and bracycephalic Breeds is next to impossible. Very few have alot of experience with Bulldogs, so I find I keep getting alot of conflicting information from these Veternarians. Unfortunately, in my area, there are no Vets
that are highly experienced with Bulldogs.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nice to bring old post alive...

To be honest I dont have any frustration owning Nyala. She's still young so maybe one day I will....lolll

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo does not like all of his playmates here at home, we have 9 now, Sadie, our Smooth Hair Collie passed away 6/18/2016 with cancer. Elmo only excepts two out of nine, Bosco and Lolly Pop, they are Boston Terriers. I wish Elmo loved all dogs. I accept Elmo the way he is, he is My Elmo Boy who I Love So-oo-oo Very Much.

Snoreball

Jul 3, 2016
Denver, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy
I have a few frustrations:
1. Murphy isn't a great cuddler. She'll sleep at my feet or on my face.
2. She tends to stop walking in the dead-middle of the road- very stubborn.
3. (Greatest Frustration) I'm scared that Murphy will overheat. She gets too excited when we go out and does not know when to stop playing. I'm scared to even bring her to doggie daycare or have her boarded.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
3. (Greatest Frustration) I'm scared that Murphy will overheat. She gets too excited when we go out and does not know when to stop playing. I'm scared to even bring her to doggie daycare or have her boarded.

Regarding #3, when I brought my GS to boarding cause I had to fly out, trust me they were very warn not to put him with any dog or he would rip them apart and I even had them sign it on my contract. They would take Major out on his own and play with him. You can have them put on your boarding/contract NO playing as bulldogs are known to overheat. Trust me they will keep an eye out so the dont get sued. Or what you can do is get a private dog sitter. :)

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Regarding #2: Jersey has always done this. Whether we've been out for 10 seconds or 10 minutes, she just stops. Doesn't look to the left or right, doesn't whine or bark. just a full stop. Like someone pulled the emergency brake. I think it's hysterical; part of the wonderfulness of her... I wait, let her gain her composure (or whatever it is she's doing) and we carry on smartly.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.