Alrighty Then

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Our Welsh Terrier died two weeks ago. For fifteen years she was the Alpha dog. She was not a benevolent ruler either. She ruled by sheer feisty domination. All the dogs were under her command and they knew it and obeyed her rules.
Fast forward to the present. Rico is is a nine year old Havanese. Taffy ruled him with an iron paw and he steered clear of her. Since Taffy died Rico has begun peeing on Daphne. Usually on her hips on backside because hey, he's short and Daphne is at least double his size. This morning he somehow managed to pee on the top of her white head! I have no clue how he managed that.
It's never a lot of pee, always just enough so we all know he was there. I understand that he is marking her and most likely is trying to assume the top dog throne. My question is, should I now leash him and try corrections or just keep wiping Daphne down Until they've got this straightened out? We have the invisible fence so the dogs are free range. As far as I know he does not pee on Poncho the five year old Chihuahua. Both males are neutered.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Daphne is the new comer n NO don't allow Rico peeing on her n you just continuing wiping her down. She's not his doormat I know Rico is 9yrs old but you're going to have to grab Rico when you see him do it and with a BIG firm NO, put him in a kennel/crate or somewhere he doesn't like for a good while. At that age he'll know he cant do that. Daphne doesn't deserve to be pee on.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
omg your good@helsonwheels... and I laughed right out loud at the "Not his doormat" !! Tell it like it is!!! love it. Anyway, na, I wouldn't put up with it either even if someone said you need to 'let them work it out'... They can figure a different more appropriate way.. Best to ya!
Daphne is the new comer n NO don't allow Rico peeing on her n you just continuing wiping her down. She's not his doormat I know Rico is 9yrs old but you're going to have to grab Rico when you see him do it and with a BIG firm NO, put him in a kennel/crate or somewhere he doesn't like for a good while. At that age he'll know he cant do that. Daphne doesn't deserve to be pee on.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
You need to step in and show them all who the real alpha is...and you can do it by other means

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
You need to step in and show them all who the real alpha is...and you can do it by other means

:::Oscarmayer::: I adore you. I never want to be harsh to My dogs. They are gentle souls. I think there is uncertainty since Taffy disappeared.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Poor Daphne! I have no advice other than I would definitely put a stop to it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, he is trying to take over, so a firm NO when you see it happen.... you can't do anything if you find it after the fact... correction has to happen during the action otherwise it is worthless.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online