Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If 1 more person says my dog is funny looking,ugly, or wrong, I may CHOKE them.

heff101

Default Re: If 1 more person says my dog is funny looking,ugly, or wrong, I may CHOKE them.

When people say that to me you know how I respond?
    I say you know what when I saw Heff his look totally reminded me of you that I just needed to get him.
    That shuts em up in a hurry and generally gets others laughing at them.
    Works every time.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: If 1 more person says my dog is funny looking,ugly, or wrong, I may CHOKE them.

You just have to chalk it up to ignorance and rudeness. Our Bulldogs were always in our antique shop with us so in addition to getting a lot of attention and pets they also got a lot of rude comments! I'd cover their ears so they wouldn't hear and that would usually stop the rude person making the comments!

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like your pup is still growing...and bulldogs go through some strange growing stages...but I think the coloring more than anything is where they get boxer. Not really that he looks like a boxer but his coloring makes them think of one.

My triple registered Australian Shepherd people think is part dalmation, husky [due to the blue eye] Or...poor thing was it born that way...Blind that is with the blue eye. Um-mm it's BLUE not blind. Sometimes it's not worth educating when they refuse to believe what you tell them. Depends on my mood.

As for my bulldogs...I've had them ask me if they were pitbulls....People are not educated in dog breeds...so they give uneducated guesses. Sometimes I don't think it's meant to offend us. But to tell you your dog is ugly...well...My comment would be..."Well it's a good thing dogs can be so ugly their cute...for it's just PLAIN ugly when it comes to humans...nothing cute about it" And look them up and down...and say...Yup...nothing one can do about it. And turn and walk away...
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

I think he's very handsome!

I totally understand what you mean, though. I really have to bite my tongue hard sometimes. I hate it when people call my dog ugly. It makes me so mad. I've seen plenty of dogs that I didn't think were cute but would I ever tell that to their owners??? No. Delilah is practically my child..it's like telling me to my face that my baby is ugly. Not cool!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Society in general is very RUDE. About everything I think! People make comments all the time that are not at all their place to say anything, I just laugh that they don't know how ignorant they are. And here I thought it was just a "Jersey" thing to be rude!

I think Dozer is just PERFECT.
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads