Cyst? Not sure....

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
So Apollo just got this bump in between his toes around 2 weeks ago. At first it was colorless and a very hard bump. We took him to the vet who said she didn't want to drain it and she didn't think it was a cyst. She said if she tried to drain it she would more than likely draw blood. She said she could do a biopsy on it and it would be around $280. We could also just wait and see what it does and put hot compresses on it. Well, it's still there and to me it looks bulby and red. This is the first he's had of this. He's been licking his paws frequently and just the past few days he's been eating grass. I don't know what this is and how to take care of it. We've been cleaning his paws everyday and sometimes with medicated wipes several times a week. He hates the medicated wipes and throws fits every time we use them! Anyone have any ideas? This group is invaluable to be me and such a good source of advice and resources! Thank you all so much!! Hopefully, the pic below is useful.
29c69c146869fd24efe602ffcff9d574.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I use Veterycin. It looks like an interdigital cyst to me. What does the pad look like underneath? When Monty had one, most of it was between his pads and his foot was very red, swollen and sore looking. The Vet pressed it and loads of pus came out (sorry). A lot of people use an Epsom salt soak but my boy won't stay still for that. Look up Interdigital Cyst on here, there is a lot of info on them.

OP
BullyBoston

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
I use Veterycin. It looks like an interdigital cyst to me. What does the pad look like underneath? When Monty had one, most of it was between his pads and his foot was very red, swollen and sore looking. The Vet pressed it and loads of pus came out (sorry). A lot of people use an Epsom salt soak but my boy won't stay still for that. Look up Interdigital Cyst on here, there is a lot of info on them.
Thank you [MENTION=4729]Chumly[/MENTION]. His pad looks fine underneath. No redness or soreness at all. He's still very active and loves to play with his basketball and soccer balls without issues. I have looked up interdigital cysts and that's what we thought he had but the vet said it wasn't that. So frustrating. We will try the soaks and perhaps the Veterycin you suggested. Thanks!!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You can also try Banix spray or Equisilver spray, washing paw with an antifungal antibacterial shampoo like Curaseb, or Malaseb, or Ketohex and then rinsing off, or a Betadine soak daily for 5-10 minutes without a rinse off. I wonder if he has something stuck in paw?

Read this great prior thread on interdigital cysts http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/54022-wallygator-interdigital-cyst-ugh.html

I mentioned in it that some people have used Stockholm tar in a poultice, and TyTysMom said she used it once to draw out something from her dogs paw.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Yep, Veterycin worked for us,,, and then, I know tis sounds weird but as per suggestion here, I also got some Hemorrhoidal cream.. Worked as well ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agreed... foot soaks and the spray.

They usually are due to allergies.. so wipe his paws after being outside to help limit the reoccurrence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BullyBoston

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
Agreed... foot soaks and the spray.

They usually are due to allergies.. so wipe his paws after being outside to help limit the reoccurrence

Thanks [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]!! 😊 I figured they are related to his allergies but this is the first time this has occurred. He's 1 year and 9 months. I hope they don't continue and we will definitely be doing the wiping down daily, the foot soaks and sprays!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]!! [emoji4] I figured they are related to his allergies but this is the first time this has occurred. He's 1 year and 9 months. I hope they don't continue and we will definitely be doing the wiping down daily, the foot soaks and sprays!

Youcan also give Benedryl to help with the itching/licking. 1mg per pound two times a day

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hmmm..... Tyson's had these a few times. Most have gone away on their own with soaks, etc. We use hibiclens and dilute it, soak for a few mins, then dry. There was one time however that it had been almost over a week, and it was getting larger. So we took him in, and the vet lanced it, to let it drain. Then applied medication and he had to keep the paw wrapped for 3 days plus antibiotics for a week. It cleared right up. I'd say at this point - try the soaks, and see if you notice any change. It can take a while, but if you see any progress - even if its gone down a little, keep same treatment plan! If it gets bigger, or worse, then I'd say to have the vet lance it.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
You can also try Banix spray or Equisilver spray, washing paw with an antifungal antibacterial shampoo like Curaseb, or Malaseb, or Ketohex and then rinsing off, or a Betadine soak daily for 5-10 minutes without a rinse off. I wonder if he has something stuck in paw?

Read this great prior thread on interdigital cysts http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...h/54022-wallygator-interdigital-cyst-ugh.html

I mentioned in it that some people have used Stockholm tar in a poultice, and TyTysMom said she used it once to draw out something from her dogs paw.
Yes, we used black salve once on Tyson... to draw out a bad splinter he had in his paw pad.... but we had to wrap the paw bc they cannot lick that! It worked overnight! Next day un-wrapped and I was able to pull it out... then just treated with neosporin to heal up.

Most Reactions