Fun Bully Rescue

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
We live in a gated community and we have people that maintain the grounds and maintain the homes. They all know Canelo, especially the maintenance guys and they know he's friendly except when someone new comes to our house and they tend to get nervous or panic till we introduce them to him. Husband loves football and does a lot with the high school football team so he is known, and our house is known. I didn't know how much till yesterday. We were at a restaurant for lunch and he got a call from a football Mom who lives in our neighborhood. She asked if we had our Bully, one was walking around the neighborhood. Of course there is a initial panic but we knew he was in his kennel and we locked up. We finished and went by her house and she pointed where the Bully was seen. I knew we had neighbors a couple blocks over that had a Bully but couldn't remember the house I saw it at.

I was surprised no one wanted to approach the Bully. Me? Come here you sweet heart!!!! We took him home and I got him water, Canelo's gel mat and fan. He was a little hot, red in the face and stressed. Husband stayed with him while I went a couple blocks down knocking on doors. I took post it's and wrote "Missing a dog? Call me" with my number no description. Four hours later I get a panicked call. Apparently Optimus Prime (yes that is his name, son named him) got out of his kennel, went out the doggy door and a neighbor's kid let him out to play with him while the family was out. He wasn't. Wet friendly with Canelo so we kept them separated. His family came to get him and met Canelo. It was nice to help and look out for another Bully family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
That is awesome you found him!!! I would have died if my baby went missing. I watch him every second when he's out sunning himself. I trust no one!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
good job and so right huh.... 'come here you sweet heart' :) sweet story, thanks for sharing and doing what ya did :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
So glad you found him and took care of him until you found the owners. I totally would have done the same thing. I never get why people are afraid of bulldogs. They are such love bugs! At Christmas we took Jax to Petsmart to get his photo taken with Santa. Well, Santa was afraid of him and wouldn't let him on his lap.

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
So glad you found him and took care of him until you found the owners. I totally would have done the same thing. I never get why people are afraid of bulldogs. They are such love bugs! At Christmas we took Jax to Petsmart to get his photo taken with Santa. Well, Santa was afraid of him and wouldn't let him on his lap.
Bad Santa!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Well done! How awesome of you to take care of a sweet baby in need. They are just like lost children; having fun at first but then tired, confused, and a little afraid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Bless your heart young lady. I'm glad he did not end up with people who have bad intentions.

Exactly why we went to look for him. There are so many that will take advantage of others and bullies.... look out! I made the family tell me what kind of dog, sex and details of him when they called and. Same to get him. His mom had her phone ready to show me pictures

Last year a friend lost his African Gray parrot. He was looking like mad, got a call about one being found so he went to see it. The people didn't want to keep it so he took it. He had people show after he posted on Craig's List of the finding of a "parrot" with empty cardboard boxes to collect. He didn't give them the found bird. Then a man showed and when the bird saw him, the bird said "Hey Buddy"! There were two other clues so he let the guy take him. It was his parrot for sure. People will take advantageous, I wanted this Bully to go home to his family. Husband says I'm too nice, I'll continue to be.

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
The question most often asked - is he friendly? Anytime Colossus sees someone new, he just starts snorting, pulling, and making noises. Everyone things hes growling. Its almost embarassing how many dont realize our English Bullies are naturally lovey instead of mean.

What gets me more than anything: other dogs in the condo complex will growl, bark, and try to attack Colossus and their owners get mad at me and Colossus for just being there when Colossus isnt making a single peep and turns away as soon as I tug the leash against his collar or harness. I feel so bad for Colossus.

Kudos to you for being the good neighbor!!!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky has always been friendly when I am around but my mother said he lost his cool towards some guy who walked by my truck yesterday while they were waiting for me in Lowes parking lot. She said Chunky went from loving to rage in a split second and when the guy walked away went back to loving. He must love her more than me because he hasn't ever been like that with me around. He usually makes friends everywhere the go

She called while I was out and Chunky was with me and needed some stuff from Lowes for her house and I told her she would have to ride along because I didn't want him destroying her home and wasn't going to leave in alone in my truck.

Congrats on helping a fellow EB owner

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy you found him before it was too late, or someone stole him. It is a good feeling helping someone out, especially another bully pawrent. :)

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
We live in a gated community and we have people that maintain the grounds and maintain the homes. They all know Canelo, especially the maintenance guys and they know he's friendly except when someone new comes to our house and they tend to get nervous or panic till we introduce them to him. Husband loves football and does a lot with the high school football team so he is known, and our house is known. I didn't know how much till yesterday. We were at a restaurant for lunch and he got a call from a football Mom who lives in our neighborhood. She asked if we had our Bully, one was walking around the neighborhood. Of course there is a initial panic but we knew he was in his kennel and we locked up. We finished and went by her house and she pointed where the Bully was seen. I knew we had neighbors a couple blocks over that had a Bully but couldn't remember the house I saw it at.

I was surprised no one wanted to approach the Bully. Me? Come here you sweet heart!!!! We took him home and I got him water, Canelo's gel mat and fan. He was a little hot, red in the face and stressed. Husband stayed with him while I went a couple blocks down knocking on doors. I took post it's and wrote "Missing a dog? Call me" with my number no description. Four hours later I get a panicked call. Apparently Optimus Prime (yes that is his name, son named him) got out of his kennel, went out the doggy door and a neighbor's kid let him out to play with him while the family was out. He wasn't. Wet friendly with Canelo so we kept them separated. His family came to get him and met Canelo. It was nice to help and look out for another Bully family.

Wonderful story. It did my heart good. A great great idea about the post it notes. You are special. Proud to "know" you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

AWESOME!! great job not giving any details and having them prove the bully belonged to them! So happy you got him out of the heat and nice, safe and cool!

:bravo:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.