ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have been slammed busy for the last month, and next month isn't looking too great either... like everyone else, spring is insanity!!! Anyhoo I wanted to update you guys on the pups...

I had our dog trainer Leah out for a couple of hours last week to watch Willow interact w/Walter. She agrees w/us that for some reason she is obsessed w/everything that Walter does. Any attention, food, etc... she will NOT stay out of his business. She gave us some tips for how to handle her, and she also told me to be consistent w/more training and not necessarily more exercise. She did say (which this cracked me up) Willow is a HIGH ENERGY bulldog... she is like the energizer bunny :rofl: Walter is now FIRST for everything while Willow is in a sit/stay... he has to be first out the door when we leave for a walk now too... so this should be interesting to see how Ms. Thing handles being demoted... Lol We are going to give it a couple of weeks, and then Leah is going to check back in w/us.

Willow started throwing up dinner... I'm honestly not sure if it was the Fromm's lamb or coconut oil, but I'm stopping both of them. I'm just going to give them both Fromm's Beef Frittata to see how they do on that for awhile. My vet is still working on her mobile unit, and I haven't gotten to talk to her yet about Walter getting his thyroid checked but that's on my to-do list for this week. Allergies are absolutely HORRIBLE here right now w/the pollen, and one of Walter's ears was pretty dirty. I'm trying to keep on top of it, but next week she may have to check that too. Poor boy just can NOT catch a break...

Hope all is well w/you guys, and your babies... ;)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Use your diffuser just add lemon, peppermint and lavender. All respiratory and anti inflammatory oils. Leave it on all day especially at night where they sleep!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
A few suggestions- keep the ears clean by spraying in a 50:50 mixture of apple cider vinegar and witch hazel and then wiping out, or use Zymox otic drops by dripping it in and massaging and leaving in. Also, if switching Fromms varieties doesn't help, try giving it in 3 smaller meals per day. Add cetirizine (Zyrtec) 0.5mg/pound to one of his meals.

I am going through same thing with my two female dogs, except worse. They are fighting each other for dominance over special toys and even when out on a walk if they come across another dog. Most of the time they get along well, but when they fight, it's bad. I haven't figured out the solution yet, thinking of taking them on separate walks or possibly muzzling one of them on a walk if it doesn't get better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Willow = Banks! Want me to come spend a week. 🤣[emoji23]🤣[emoji23][emoji177][emoji177][emoji177]

Seriously, she will not relent you have to stay consistent and on top of her at all times. Banks was EXACTLY like that with Nitschke, she was dominant and he was not so she was not accepting of him being 'first' in the home so she would 'bully' whenever she could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Florida girls

Feb 3, 2015
FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie Kae, Lady
Keep us posted. We've had Sadie since she was a pup, she's now almost 5. We just adopted Lady, who just turned 3. I read up on the whose dominant issue and found a Cesar milan article basically saying it's impossible for humans to decide who is dominant since they are "born" to know where they fit into the pack. I too, let Sadie go out first, eat first, etc. They get along OK, but Lady aggravates Sadie until Sadie gets tired of it and growls at her. Thankfully they haven't had it out yet, but hubby will be with them next week while I'm out of town and he is not great at getting them to listen to him.
:fie:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
They're keeping you busy :) Hope everything works out. I have heard that it's not a good idea to go against the natural ordr of tha pack. How is Wally? Is he dominant or more submissive? Maybe they stil haven't desided yet who should be the more dominant. As I understand in most cases it's the bitch over the male. Wally is older, but that would really be signicant only if they were both males. Keep us posted on how things go.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Use your diffuser just add lemon, peppermint and lavender. All respiratory and anti inflammatory oils. Leave it on all day especially at night where they sleep!

That might work for me as well... Lol As always Thanks for your insight!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
A few suggestions- keep the ears clean by spraying in a 50:50 mixture of apple cider vinegar and witch hazel and then wiping out, or use Zymox otic drops by dripping it in and massaging and leaving in. Also, if switching Fromms varieties doesn't help, try giving it in 3 smaller meals per day. Add cetirizine (Zyrtec) 0.5mg/pound to one of his meals.

I am going through same thing with my two female dogs, except worse. They are fighting each other for dominance over special toys and even when out on a walk if they come across another dog. Most of the time they get along well, but when they fight, it's bad. I haven't figured out the solution yet, thinking of taking them on separate walks or possibly muzzling one of them on a walk if it doesn't get better.

When we go for walks, Leah told me to take Wally out first and THEN allow Willow to go out. When they got into it, she grabbed Willow by her back legs and gently pulled her away from Wally. She was so surprised when it happened, that she immediately STOPPED her madness and all was good. I swear this is a female thing, although I had 2 females Bella a bulldog, and Roxie was a boxer and they got along extremely well.

Thanks for your suggestions, and good luck w/your two girls...

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow = Banks! Want me to come spend a week. 藍[emoji23]藍[emoji23][emoji177][emoji177][emoji177]

Seriously, she will not relent you have to stay consistent and on top of her at all times. Banks was EXACTLY like that with Nitschke, she was dominant and he was not so she was not accepting of him being 'first' in the home so she would 'bully' whenever she could.

OH don't tempt me... Willow may be headed on the first train to Pennsylvania... :rofl: I swear she is like Banks, and Orion... LMAO!!! That video of Baby O attacking Vegas reminded me of the kind of stuff that goes on here [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They're keeping you busy :) Hope everything works out. I have heard that it's not a good idea to go against the natural ordr of tha pack. How is Wally? Is he dominant or more submissive? Maybe they stil haven't desided yet who should be the more dominant. As I understand in most cases it's the bitch over the male. Wally is older, but that would really be signicant only if they were both males. Keep us posted on how things go.

I don't consider myself an expert, but ever since Wally was neutered he seems more submissive to me... he is way more laid back than psycho Willow :rofl: He just enjoys everything, and Willow is so BUSY being up his butt!!! They do play nice at times, and honestly I think they do LIKE each other... Willow just goes crazy at times. Sometimes I think she just gets MAD at him because he ignores her drama... Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Agreed... the determine pack oder, but we need to let them know we control the home and know how to read the body language and stop the behavior before it happens. That is what we did with Banks... she was always 'in charge' in her mind but knew we were watching-- almost like a game, but she was always the alpha both with Nitschke and Cheli

Most Reactions