The "Laser"....

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Doe anyone else's Bully have an extreme laser fettish? Canelo can't get enough, however tonight we have a problem. The laser has been misplaced. We've been looking, it's been an extra slow search because when we find something that looks like a pen or laser, Canelo reacts, mostly looking down and around for that little red dot. His reaction is priceless and we can't hold back from laughing. Lots of extra search time lol!

Also we don't say laser in our house unless it's meant. Canelo will spend hours looking at the floor, walls, ceiling and our hands looking for that taunting red dot lol!!! If we say "Laser", he starts his hunt for that little red dot, it taunts him, LOL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
My oldest son brought a laser into the house a couple of years ago and one Bully rescue we had (Ellie) freaked out over it. He said he only used it for less than a minute before I told him "No Lasers". She continued to look for the red dot for days. She went from being playful and interactive with the other dogs to staring at the walls. It freaked us out. Some dogs go nuts and some don't care.

So...we don't do the lasers in our house mainly because of how hard they can be on the knees. Chasing the red dog motivates the chaser to change direction with laser-like speed. This will ultimately lead to a torn ACL. We also don't use an RC car to play with the dogs on a ball field. While it was really fun and the dogs get lots of exercise it could and did lead to a torn ACL...a $3000 mistake. Poor RoRo went from playing and running and jumping to sitting in a kennel 23/7 for 7 weeks.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our first two were obsessed to the point we had to discontinue play.... they got so worked up and would not play with anything or anyone else. It was a true obsession... funny and entertaining for us, but seems to really send them into a bad neurotic place. Banks was just like your boy... it became sad that she would not play any other way than with the light... so, we throw them away and it took a few days to get her to lose the obsession and stop starting at walls or the closet where it was once stored.

We recently tried it with Lambeau and Cheli... no interest at all from either of them

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My two bullies go crazy chasing it! Bro, the rescue, chases them while they chase it. Lizzie just stays out of the way mumbling "stupid dogs.." So far if they don't see it, they don't think of it.But it IS good exercise-as long as they don't get hurt!!

rayneman

Feb 23, 2015
Rocky River, Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Doe anyone else's Bully have an extreme laser fettish? Canelo can't get enough, however tonight we have a problem. The laser has been misplaced. We've been looking, it's been an extra slow search because when we find something that looks like a pen or laser, Canelo reacts, mostly looking down and around for that little red dot. His reaction is priceless and we can't hold back from laughing. Lots of extra search time lol!

Also we don't say laser in our house unless it's meant. Canelo will spend hours looking at the floor, walls, ceiling and our hands looking for that taunting red dot lol!!! If we say "Laser", he starts his hunt for that little red dot, it taunts him, LOL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes...we call it "red dot" and very quietly at that. Our Lucy goes bat-poop insane when we play "red dot" with her...we've gone through lots of the little laser pointers and batteries. She can even be a "guided missile" if we put the dot on someone's lap who is watching TV and not paying attention...they get a 65 pound surprise in their lap.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.