ANOTHER UTI!!

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Doc could not get a urine sample last time & with all the accidents, she put her on a round of antibiotics just in case. It did not help.

We have a dog door so she goes out at will. She loves to lay on our patio & a little bridge.

Never a poop accident.

1.5 yrs old.... Ouch You must own stock in Brawney paper towels by now...

Hi Andy! Your vet should be getting a clean urine sample to do a urine culture to check for a UTI. They need to see what type of bacteria grow to tell which antibiotics need to be used since different bacteria are resistant to different antibiotics. Our Pippen has had way too many UTIs and has had to be on different antibiotics for different ones because the bacteria that grew each time wasn't always the same. So it could be the antibiotics they gave you didn't work because they may not have been right for the bacteria Pebbles has (if she does oven have an infection). Hope that helps and she gets better soon!! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi Andy! Your vet should be getting a clean urine sample to do a urine culture to check for a UTI. They need to see what type of bacteria grow to tell which antibiotics need to be used since different bacteria are resistant to different antibiotics. Our Pippen has had way too many UTIs and has had to be on different antibiotics for different ones because the bacteria that grew each time wasn't always the same. So it could be the antibiotics they gave you didn't work because they may not have been right for the bacteria Pebbles has (if she does oven have an infection). Hope that helps and she gets better soon!! [emoji4]

Michelle, Did you take Pippen to Brittmoore too? Andy also took Pebbles there to Dr. Dikeman.

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Michelle, Did you take Pippen to Brittmoore too? Andy also took Pebbles there to Dr. Dikeman.

Oh good to hear that's where he went! Yea we saw Dr. D for awhile and recently have been going to Dr. Chellepan. That's strange Dr. D wasn't able to get a urine sample at all [emoji848]

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh good to hear that's where he went! Yea we saw Dr. D for awhile and recently have been going to Dr. Chellepan. That's strange Dr. D wasn't able to get a urine sample at all [emoji848]

Oh em geee. I LOVE Dr. Chellappan!!! Tyson is one of her VIPs. Haha :)

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ellie update!!

Happy Saturday!!

Hope its a good one!!

Urine recheck...after changing Food, was doing 50% HK and Orijen Original, with her acidifier, and now her PH is too low it was at a 5, and she had some sedime nt, which he feels is from the free catch, and is not too concerned about since the accidents have stopped

Tried to recommend prescription food, but this mama was not having it...RC - BLAH!!!

So vet recommended taking her her off the acidifier, and doing a recheck in 3-4 weeks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Ellie update!!

Happy Saturday!!

Hope its a good one!!

Urine recheck...after changing Food, was doing 50% HK and Orijen Original, with her acidifier, and now her PH is too low it was at a 5, and she had some sedime nt, which he feels is from the free catch, and is not too concerned about since the accidents have stopped

Tried to recommend prescription food, but this mama was not having it...RC - BLAH!!!

So vet recommended taking her her off the acidifier, and doing a recheck in 3-4 weeks

Thank you, Melissa, for good update on Ellie, happy Saturday indeed :)

Hoping she remains well and healthy, please give her love from me & hugs to you!

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ellie update!!

Happy Saturday!!

Hope its a good one!!

Thank you, Melissa, for good update on Ellie, happy Saturday indeed :)

Hoping she remains well and healthy, please give her love from me & hugs to you!

Thank you!! You got it!! She is snoodling with me right now

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ellie update!!

Happy Saturday!!

Hope its a good one!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.