Skin Tag?!?

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Could this be a skin tag?!? He's got a small growth on his belly, right beside one of his nipples. Over the past few months it has gotten larger, but is soft and pink. I'm going to call the vet tomorrow and get something scheduled to get it checked out, but curious if anyone has had something similar?!?

3a65d4fde7f6b8dacd0ee56ffb2db44d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Looks like on of those 'hysto-thingys'. ... usually goes away on its own and are harmless.
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could this be a skin tag?!? He's got a small growth on his belly, right beside one of his nipples. Over the past few months it has gotten larger, but is soft and pink. I'm going to call the vet tomorrow and get something scheduled to get it checked out, but curious if anyone has had something similar?!?

I think it might be this

Skin Tumor (Histiocytoma) in Dogs

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It looks like a hystiocytoma
9k=
Most skin tags are a "brownish" color.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
It does look like a hystocytoma. They are benign and often go away on their own. Our most recent experience was on a rescue, Roxy, and it did not self-regress. Her new owners eventually had to have it removed.

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Thanks guys! It has been there for a few months and not getting smaller. So I think it's time to visit the doc. [emoji53]

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
UPDATE:
I took him in yesterday and vet says it's a skin tag- nothing to worry about. Said it's not something he would put him under to remove right now. If it got big enough to where it bothers him - then we will revisit that option. But for now, just let it be. Lol

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I bet the bulldog vets just love us as much as our dogs... ;) Seems we all take such good care of these guys.. Guess mabie cause we know how fast things can go bad,,,,, And we love um to much for that. Glad all is well for now :)
UPDATE:
I took him in yesterday and vet says it's a skin tag- nothing to worry about. Said it's not something he would put him under to remove right now. If it got big enough to where it bothers him - then we will revisit that option. But for now, just let it be. Lol

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I bet the bulldog vets just love us as much as our dogs... ;) Seems we all take such good care of these guys.. Guess mabie cause we know how fast things can go bad,,,,, And we love um to much for that. Glad all is well for now :)

Oh- I love my vet! He's AH-MAZING! He's the type that hugs you when he comes in the room and sits on the floor with the dogs the whole time. Very conservative with the dogs best interest first. [emoji7][emoji7]

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Hanks dr too :) He has been amazing and is soooooooooooooooo calm while Hank spazes out. Bulldog vets are special in more ways than just being good at dr stuff ;)
Oh- I love my vet! He's AH-MAZING! He's the type that hugs you when he comes in the room and sits on the floor with the dogs the whole time. Very conservative with the dogs best interest first. [emoji7][emoji7]

Rod52

Feb 26, 2015
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie

9a1bdc3b01c5f234879bd756929738c0.jpg
My bulldog had that last year. If got big before it bust open and bled out. I was putting neosporin ointment on it that helps with it going down

Rod52

Feb 26, 2015
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
It's going to get bigger than that before it goes down

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts