Thread: Bad knee

Bulldog Vet in Training MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
    Likes (Received)

Default Bad knee

My poor Porkchop has a bad left knee. Anyone here experience this? I am super new at being a Bulldog owner. Miss Porkchop is a rescue already has been with me 3 full years going on to 4 years in December. Back to the bad knee topic, she's taking medication and we go back to the vet in two weeks to follow up and hoping no surgery.

Anyone here recommend stroller or buggy to take her places so she won't get to tired. I need helpful tips how to bathe etc are appreciated

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bad knee

aww, sweet little girl. I do have a stroller and a wagon but geesh, I hadn't thought about getting these hefties in there.. Only thing I can think of is that rest can help lots. Of course depending on what the issue is, it may heal itself or??? Is she overweight? Cause that can cause so many issues with these guys... I'm going to let the others give advice as I really don't know, but wish you the best of luck with your kid-o.. you've done good so far, hopefully you will be rewarded with this passing w/o surgery

3. Likes KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MissWaddles13 View Post
    My poor Porkchop has a bad left knee. Anyone here experience this? I am super new at being a Bulldog owner. Miss Porkchop is a rescue already has been with me 3 full years going on to 4 years in December. Back to the bad knee topic, she's taking medication and we go back to the vet in two weeks to follow up and hoping no surgery.
    Anyone here recommend stroller or buggy to take her places so she won't get to tired. I need helpful tips how to bathe etc are appreciated
    Thank you Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go to Costco and get the liquid glucosamine. Add it to the food. Also start adding turmeric and ginger. Liquid form gets in the body must faster and you get its full potent. I would also mix coconut oil as a carrier oil the clear one....with peppermint, lavender and frankincense and rub her knee. So lets say one ounce of CO and 5 drops each of the other oils. Shake well. Massage onto knee n surrounding. You will see an improvement.

Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

I would say Movoflex probably is better supplement than the glucosamine since it has eggshell membrane, which is a better remedy for arthritis than glucosamine. If that's over your budget try an equine glucosamine product like Bioflex HA or Actiflex 4000 since they have glucosamine plus hyaluronic acid and other goodies. I use 1/2 tsp daily of Actiflex 4000 for both my dogs, one who has arthritis and the other to prevent it. It also contains bioperine which helps turmeric get absorbed. And definitely add the turmeric and ginger. You can make a turmeric paste (recipes on the internet ) or start with 1/4 tsp turmeric with 6 twists of the pepper grinder mixed in with the food. And of course coconut oil and salmon oil. If you use salmon oil give your dog natural source vitamin e 400IU once weekly to balance it.
    If you have to use a prescription anti inflammatory drug Galliprant is supposed to be a good one with less side effects.

6. Likes MissWaddles13 liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@ChrisRN has a buggy...

I second the Movoflex-- it is really working for Cheli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

8. Likes MissWaddles13, Texas Carol liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We use one similar to this one...
    Expedition Pet Stroller

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    aww, sweet little girl. I do have a stroller and a wagon but geesh, I hadn't thought about getting these hefties in there.. Only thing I can think of is that rest can help lots. Of course depending on what the issue is, it may heal itself or??? Is she overweight? Cause that can cause so many issues with these guys... I'm going to let the others give advice as I really don't know, but wish you the best of luck with your kid-o.. you've done good so far, hopefully you will be rewarded with this passing w/o surgery
    Yes, the vet said, she needs to lose weight. She's currently, at 60 lbs. She had to be at least 55 lbs. She rests in between walks. She gets plenty of rest throughout the day, normal bully sleep.

I hope we can skip the surgery and the meds will work and it heal itself. Thank you love the advice .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

11. Likes 2BullyMama, Hankster, Texas Carol liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Go to Costco and get the liquid glucosamine. Add it to the food. Also start adding turmeric and ginger. Liquid form gets in the body must faster and you get its full potent. I would also mix coconut oil as a carrier oil the clear one....with peppermint, lavender and frankincense and rub her knee. So lets say one ounce of CO and 5 drops each of the other oils. Shake well. Massage onto knee n surrounding. You will see an improvement.
    I will do that , awesome! I have Young Living oils most of the ones you mentioned. Thank you

13. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    I would say Movoflex probably is better supplement than the glucosamine since it has eggshell membrane, which is a better remedy for arthritis than glucosamine. If that's over your budget try an equine glucosamine product like Bioflex HA or Actiflex 4000 since they have glucosamine plus hyaluronic acid and other goodies. I use 1/2 tsp daily of Actiflex 4000 for both my dogs, one who has arthritis and the other to prevent it. It also contains bioperine which helps turmeric get absorbed. And definitely add the turmeric and ginger. You can make a turmeric paste (recipes on the internet ) or start with 1/4 tsp turmeric with 6 twists of the pepper grinder mixed in with the food. And of course coconut oil and salmon oil. If you use salmon oil give your dog natural source vitamin e 400IU once weekly to balance it.
    If you have to use a prescription anti inflammatory drug Galliprant is supposed to be a good one with less side effects.
    I give her joint strong but the vet said, that will not work. I will need to change supplements.

Thank you much appreciated

15. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    We use one similar to this one...
    Expedition Pet Stroller

Nice stroller. I am looking after her well being and make bath changes to accommodate her as much as possible. She walks and wants to keep on going and let's me know when she needs to stop and gets back up again to walk.

17. Likes oscarmayer liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@oscarmayer mI have the same stroller! My problem is that there is no place to go!! @MissWaddles13 @Corine Pesantes has a great wagon, too!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

19. Likes MissWaddles13, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MissWaddles13 View Post
    I will do that , awesome! I have Young Living oils most of the ones you mentioned. Thank you
    Had my son's 2 pitties over a couple days ago. Of course Nyala has NO clue when to stop n take a break. I was busy inside thinking 3 adults outside will give Nyala a break as they were told. Did they? Of course not! Even though she is in great shape, she will burn herself out and her cousins. 3hrs later they had to go and night time Nyala was walking like an old lady with a cane type. Barely could move. Didn't want to go 4 steps out to go pee. Had to help her. I massage her with these oils for a good 10 mins, put her on an extra firm queen size bed in the spare room and in the morning she was back to herself. Not saying it's a miracle mix but she was back to her torpedo self. She does get tumeric, ginger (both together), glucosamine, coconut oil, salmon oil only weekly as shes on HK, boiled turkey n both, other proteins, fruits and more fresh foods. But if she wasn't eating like so, she would have all within 2-3 days n not weekly. And that's me.

21. Likes MissWaddles13 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads