Bad knee

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
That's amazing! This is definitely inspiring and encouraging. The things we do for our babies to assist them as much as possible.

I am a big believer in taking alternative paths to healing. I am going to search this one. Do you use fresh ginger and turmeric? Do you cook it or boil it? I am so new to this. I used fresh ginger when I am sick with tea. It's not the best taste in the world for me lol

I am preparing some oil treatments, I got my empty spare bottles to create these oil formulas :)

Thank you so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oils weakens in clear bottles cause of the light.. Need dark brown bottles which you can buy at your health food stores. Cheap too. You probably know all this if you use oils...sorry in advance :)

Yes you can use fresh or powder for both (turmeric/ginger). If your dog is not use to it start small amounts n build it up. I use fresh n powder. Depends if I ran out. If you're feeding Mr PC kibbles you can use dry hidden in a treat. Not sure what he eats in a whole day. Im sure you will figure it out as you will see Mr PC if he takes it or not. Just start small with any turmeric or ginger so he doesn't throw it up. Always use less if in powder form as all spices are stronger than fresh.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Oils weakens in clear bottles cause of the light.. Need dark brown bottles which you can buy at your health food stores. Cheap too. You probably know all this if you use oils...sorry in advance :)

Yes you can use fresh or powder for both (turmeric/ginger). If your dog is not use to it start small amounts n build it up. I use fresh n powder. Depends if I ran out. If you're feeding Mr PC kibbles you can use dry hidden in a treat. Not sure what he eats in a whole day. Im sure you will figure it out as you will see Mr PC if he takes it or not. Just start small with any turmeric or ginger so he doesn't throw it up. Always use less if in powder form as all spices are stronger than fresh.

I found my little dark bottles to make the formula :) I am getting excited here with my Young Living oils. I am not expert still new to the oil thingy. I feed her 1/2 cup of kibble 1/2 cup of fresh beans. The vet recommended she lose weight . She's 60 lbs at the moment , we need to drop to at least 55 lbs. She's my first dog, she came with the name Pork chop hard to change it she does have a middle name Layla like the Clapton song . It played a lot on a classic rock station , thought hmmm Layla that will be her name it didn't quite work out. I added her a middle name :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I found my little dark bottles to make the formula :) I am getting excited here with my Young Living oils. I am not expert still new to the oil thingy. I feed her 1/2 cup of kibble 1/2 cup of fresh beans. The vet recommended she lose weight . She's 60 lbs at the moment , we need to drop to at least 55 lbs. She's my first dog, she came with the name Pork chop hard to change it she does have a middle name Layla like the Clapton song . It played a lot on a classic rock station , thought hmmm Layla that will be her name it didn't quite work out. I added her a middle name :)

Crap im sorry called her Mr like duhhhh me. :facepalm2: :sorry:

I know you posted a few times on a thread I started a while back on oils
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

You can always go back and check out whats on there and post some of your own experience with oils. Always good to know what others do with oils.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crap im sorry called her Mr like duhhhh me. :facepalm2: :sorry:

I know you posted a few times on a thread I started a while back on oils
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

You can always go back and check out whats on there and post some of your own experience with oils. Always good to know what others do with oils.

It's ok . No worries, it happens all the time about her gender lol

I am going to fill the bottles soon before bed time . Tonight , my oily mentor suggested diffuse copaiba near where she sleeps. It's diffusing at the moment .

I just ordered a couple of oils ( valor and calm n peace) for myself to avoid nervousness and anxiety during evaluations, my profession Includes stares , it's normal lol lately, during interviews my mind sets on anxiety level. That's an example of how I use it. Young Living is safe for dogs. All natural non toxins as well.

My team had a class about pets , time zone difference kept from participation.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It's ok . No worries, it happens all the time about her gender lol

Well still sorry.

Copaiba good for pain and inflammation. Here's a quick guide.

Top 15 Essential Oils Health Benefits

Each and every essential oil contains compounds with unique healing and therapeutic benefits. Here are some of the most popular essential oils and how to use them.

Clove:*Anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic and antioxidant protection.
Cypress:*Improves circulation, reduces varicose veins, lifts confidence and can help heal broken bones.
Eucalyptus:*Improves respiratory issues like bronchitis, sinusitis and allergies. Also invigorating and purifies the body.
Frankincense:*Builds immunity, reduces inflammation, heals age spots, supports brain and may help fight cancer. MY FAVOURITE!!!!!!
Ginger:*Reduces inflammation, supports joints, improves digestion and relieves nausea.
Grapefruit:*Supports metabolism and cellulite reduction. Mix with coconut oil and rub on areas of cellulite or take a few drops internally with water.
Lavender:*Helps with relaxation, improves mood and heals burns and cuts.
Lemon:*Great to use in homemade cleaning products, improves lymph drainage and cleanses the body.
Myrrh:*Natural anti-septic and can prevent or reduce infections. Also, supports beautiful skin, reducing stretch marks and hormone balance.
Oregano:*Powerful anti-microbial properties, can kill fungus and help you kick a cold fast.
Peppermint:*Supports digestion, improves focus, boosts energy, fever reducer, headache and muscle pain relief.
Rose:*Incredible for reducing skin inflammation and great for creating glowing skin. Add a few drops to your facial moisturizer. Also, one of the most valued essential oils in the world at $1000+ for 15ml.
Rosemary:*Can naturally thicken hair so it is great to add to homemade shampoos. Also, it improves brain function and memory so it’s great to used when working, reading or studying.
Tea tree oil (melaleuca):*natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, reduces bad odors and can help stimulate the immune system.
Sandalwood:*Natural aphrodisiac that improves libido and can also improve energy.

Different oils can be blended together to enhance each’s energy or can be blended with a base oil to be used for massage, shower gels or body lotions.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Doesn't sound like much food- isn't she really hungry? I feed my 35 pound bulldog 1 and 3/4 to 2 cups day Nutrience Sub Zero.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Doesn't sound like much food- isn't she really hungry? I feed my 35 pound bulldog 1 and 3/4 to 2 cups day Nutrience Sub Zero.
She eats twice a day. I give her a couple of snacks a day. She can eat fruit like Apple slices for snack as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well still sorry.

Copaiba good for pain and inflammation. Here's a quick guide.

Top 15 Essential Oils Health Benefits

Each and every essential oil contains compounds with unique healing and therapeutic benefits. Here are some of the most popular essential oils and how to use them.

Clove:*Anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic and antioxidant protection.
Cypress:*Improves circulation, reduces varicose veins, lifts confidence and can help heal broken bones.
Eucalyptus:*Improves respiratory issues like bronchitis, sinusitis and allergies. Also invigorating and purifies the body.
Frankincense:*Builds immunity, reduces inflammation, heals age spots, supports brain and may help fight cancer. MY FAVOURITE!!!!!!
Ginger:*Reduces inflammation, supports joints, improves digestion and relieves nausea.
Grapefruit:*Supports metabolism and cellulite reduction. Mix with coconut oil and rub on areas of cellulite or take a few drops internally with water.
Lavender:*Helps with relaxation, improves mood and heals burns and cuts.
Lemon:*Great to use in homemade cleaning products, improves lymph drainage and cleanses the body.
Myrrh:*Natural anti-septic and can prevent or reduce infections. Also, supports beautiful skin, reducing stretch marks and hormone balance.
Oregano:*Powerful anti-microbial properties, can kill fungus and help you kick a cold fast.
Peppermint:*Supports digestion, improves focus, boosts energy, fever reducer, headache and muscle pain relief.
Rose:*Incredible for reducing skin inflammation and great for creating glowing skin. Add a few drops to your facial moisturizer. Also, one of the most valued essential oils in the world at $1000+ for 15ml.
Rosemary:*Can naturally thicken hair so it is great to add to homemade shampoos. Also, it improves brain function and memory so it’s great to used when working, reading or studying.
Tea tree oil (melaleuca):*natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, reduces bad odors and can help stimulate the immune system.
Sandalwood:*Natural aphrodisiac that improves libido and can also improve energy.

Different oils can be blended together to enhance each’s energy or can be blended with a base oil to be used for massage, shower gels or body lotions.

This is awesome ! Thank you !

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
e0723621152362d410c6e5c83003037b.jpg

Diffuse Copaiba for her pain

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diffuse Copaiba for her pain Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her little night light. Cute! You just put copaiba in your diffuser and how many drops? I would also mix cypress n peppermint with you copaiba.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Her little night light. Cute! You just put copaiba in your diffuser and how many drops? I would also mix cypress n peppermint with you copaiba.

That's the diffuser , it lights up. Copaiba and peace and calm . I need to buy Cypress .

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We went to the vet Monday. They continued the med "as needed" The vet said, surgery is not worth it because Bulldogs life span is 10 years. She's walking better no limping. There's been no change in walking such as sitting between walks like taking a break. Her routes are normal. I notice it's not 100% it's not as bad as before. I am still new at being a bully mom . Not sure if the vet just said that because my dog makes scene there like child having a tantrum. I am skeptical about the vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We went to the vet Monday. They continued the med "as needed" The vet said, surgery is not worth it because Bulldogs life span is 10 years. She's walking better no limping. There's been no change in walking such as sitting between walks like taking a break. Her routes are normal. I notice it's not 100% it's not as bad as before. I am still new at being a bully mom . Not sure if the vet just said that because my dog makes scene there like child having a tantrum. I am skeptical about the vet.

Hmm... how old is she? And have you been able to get her weight down?

If you ate not comfortable with the vet it may be good to find a new one

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmm... how old is she? And have you been able to get her weight down?

If you ate not comfortable with the vet it may be good to find a new one

Miss Porkchop will be 8 years old July 3. The vet made it sound cold. Saying , this breed lifespan is 10 years and surgery won't be worth it due to the cost and Miss Porkchop will not allow the vet to check her because of her temperament. My dog doesn't like the vet she gets in her growling mode like saying to the vet stand back , I am defensive and I bite. Miss Porkchop doesn't bite she scares you with that so you won't touch her. In opinion, she's scared . That's her way of showing how she feels. She's a handful.

She's on a green bean diet she's 63 lbs and needs to drop to at least 55 lbs.

Members online

No members online now.