Bad knee

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
My poor Porkchop has a bad left knee. Anyone here experience this? I am super new at being a Bulldog owner. Miss Porkchop is a rescue already has been with me 3 full years going on to 4 years in December. Back to the bad knee topic, she's taking medication and we go back to the vet in two weeks to follow up and hoping no surgery.

Anyone here recommend stroller or buggy to take her places so she won't get to tired. I need helpful tips how to bathe etc are appreciated

Thank you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
aww, sweet little girl. I do have a stroller and a wagon but geesh, I hadn't thought about getting these hefties in there.. Only thing I can think of is that rest can help lots. Of course depending on what the issue is, it may heal itself or??? Is she overweight? Cause that can cause so many issues with these guys... I'm going to let the others give advice as I really don't know, but wish you the best of luck with your kid-o.. you've done good so far, hopefully you will be rewarded with this passing w/o surgery :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My poor Porkchop has a bad left knee. Anyone here experience this? I am super new at being a Bulldog owner. Miss Porkchop is a rescue already has been with me 3 full years going on to 4 years in December. Back to the bad knee topic, she's taking medication and we go back to the vet in two weeks to follow up and hoping no surgery.
Anyone here recommend stroller or buggy to take her places so she won't get to tired. I need helpful tips how to bathe etc are appreciated
Thank you [emoji4] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to Costco and get the liquid glucosamine. Add it to the food. Also start adding turmeric and ginger. Liquid form gets in the body must faster and you get its full potent. I would also mix coconut oil as a carrier oil the clear one....with peppermint, lavender and frankincense and rub her knee. So lets say one ounce of CO and 5 drops each of the other oils. Shake well. Massage onto knee n surrounding. You will see an improvement.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I would say Movoflex probably is better supplement than the glucosamine since it has eggshell membrane, which is a better remedy for arthritis than glucosamine. If that's over your budget try an equine glucosamine product like Bioflex HA or Actiflex 4000 since they have glucosamine plus hyaluronic acid and other goodies. I use 1/2 tsp daily of Actiflex 4000 for both my dogs, one who has arthritis and the other to prevent it. It also contains bioperine which helps turmeric get absorbed. And definitely add the turmeric and ginger. You can make a turmeric paste (recipes on the internet ) or start with 1/4 tsp turmeric with 6 twists of the pepper grinder mixed in with the food. And of course coconut oil and salmon oil. If you use salmon oil give your dog natural source vitamin e 400IU once weekly to balance it.
If you have to use a prescription anti inflammatory drug Galliprant is supposed to be a good one with less side effects.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] has a buggy...

I second the Movoflex-- it is really working for Cheli

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We use one similar to this one...
Expedition Pet Stroller

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
aww, sweet little girl. I do have a stroller and a wagon but geesh, I hadn't thought about getting these hefties in there.. Only thing I can think of is that rest can help lots. Of course depending on what the issue is, it may heal itself or??? Is she overweight? Cause that can cause so many issues with these guys... I'm going to let the others give advice as I really don't know, but wish you the best of luck with your kid-o.. you've done good so far, hopefully you will be rewarded with this passing w/o surgery :)
Yes, the vet said, she needs to lose weight. She's currently, at 60 lbs. She had to be at least 55 lbs. She rests in between walks. She gets plenty of rest throughout the day, normal bully sleep.

I hope we can skip the surgery and the meds will work and it heal itself. Thank you love the advice .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Go to Costco and get the liquid glucosamine. Add it to the food. Also start adding turmeric and ginger. Liquid form gets in the body must faster and you get its full potent. I would also mix coconut oil as a carrier oil the clear one....with peppermint, lavender and frankincense and rub her knee. So lets say one ounce of CO and 5 drops each of the other oils. Shake well. Massage onto knee n surrounding. You will see an improvement.
I will do that , awesome! I have Young Living oils most of the ones you mentioned. Thank you

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would say Movoflex probably is better supplement than the glucosamine since it has eggshell membrane, which is a better remedy for arthritis than glucosamine. If that's over your budget try an equine glucosamine product like Bioflex HA or Actiflex 4000 since they have glucosamine plus hyaluronic acid and other goodies. I use 1/2 tsp daily of Actiflex 4000 for both my dogs, one who has arthritis and the other to prevent it. It also contains bioperine which helps turmeric get absorbed. And definitely add the turmeric and ginger. You can make a turmeric paste (recipes on the internet ) or start with 1/4 tsp turmeric with 6 twists of the pepper grinder mixed in with the food. And of course coconut oil and salmon oil. If you use salmon oil give your dog natural source vitamin e 400IU once weekly to balance it.
If you have to use a prescription anti inflammatory drug Galliprant is supposed to be a good one with less side effects.
I give her joint strong but the vet said, that will not work. I will need to change supplements.

Thank you much appreciated [emoji4]

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We use one similar to this one...
Expedition Pet Stroller

Nice stroller. I am looking after her well being and make bath changes to accommodate her as much as possible. She walks and wants to keep on going and let's me know when she needs to stop and gets back up again to walk.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] mI have the same stroller! My problem is that there is no place to go!! [MENTION=10856]MissWaddles13[/MENTION] [MENTION=14682]Corine Pesantes[/MENTION] has a great wagon, too!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I will do that , awesome! I have Young Living oils most of the ones you mentioned. Thank you

Had my son's 2 pitties over a couple days ago. Of course Nyala has NO clue when to stop n take a break. I was busy inside thinking 3 adults outside will give Nyala a break as they were told. Did they? Of course not! Even though she is in great shape, she will burn herself out and her cousins. 3hrs later they had to go and night time Nyala was walking like an old lady with a cane type. Barely could move. Didn't want to go 4 steps out to go pee. Had to help her. I massage her with these oils for a good 10 mins, put her on an extra firm queen size bed in the spare room and in the morning she was back to herself. Not saying it's a miracle mix but she was back to her torpedo self. She does get tumeric, ginger (both together), glucosamine, coconut oil, salmon oil only weekly as shes on HK, boiled turkey n both, other proteins, fruits and more fresh foods. But if she wasn't eating like so, she would have all within 2-3 days n not weekly. And that's me.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Had my son's 2 pitties over a couple days ago. Of course Nyala has NO clue when to stop n take a break. I was busy inside thinking 3 adults outside will give Nyala a break as they were told. Did they? Of course not! Even though she is in great shape, she will burn herself out and her cousins. 3hrs later they had to go and night time Nyala was walking like an old lady with a cane type. Barely could move. Didn't want to go 4 steps out to go pee. Had to help her. I massage her with these oils for a good 10 mins, put her on an extra firm queen size bed in the spare room and in the morning she was back to herself. Not saying it's a miracle mix but she was back to her torpedo self. She does get tumeric, ginger (both together), glucosamine, coconut oil, salmon oil only weekly as shes on HK, boiled turkey n both, other proteins, fruits and more fresh foods. But if she wasn't eating like so, she would have all within 2-3 days n not weekly. And that's me.

That's amazing! This is definitely inspiring and encouraging. The things we do for our babies to assist them as much as possible.

I am a big believer in taking alternative paths to healing. I am going to search this one. Do you use fresh ginger and turmeric? Do you cook it or boil it? I am so new to this. I used fresh ginger when I am sick with tea. It's not the best taste in the world for me lol

I am preparing some oil treatments, I got my empty spare bottles to create these oil formulas :)

Thank you so much

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You can skin the ginger and mince the yellow part of the root, or just buy powdered ginger. Give 1 tsp for 20-50 pounds or 2 tsp for 50-100 pounds. Mix into the dogs food once daily.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You can skin the ginger and mince the yellow part of the root, or just buy powdered ginger. Give 1 tsp for 20-50 pounds or 2 tsp for 50-100 pounds. Mix into the dogs food once daily.

Got it ! Thank you [emoji4]

Most Reactions