natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Thanks Nat! I thought the SAME thing about the toy BUT she is never allowed a toy, antler, nothing unless she is with me. She does not free roam outside, I always take her out on leash so nothing eaten outside.

I ruled out the eaten toy thing only because she is eating a good breakfast and going to the bathroom just fine, although I thought she might be constipated a few days ago but not now. No vomiting, etc., am I correct to rule this out??

Hmmm Rosie will slow down eating when she is constipated too, good thought , and Rosie is a pig when it comes to eating , we got one of those bowls too slow her down for fear of Bloat . When Odin ingested a rattle out of a toy we knew within a day there was a real bad problem I thought we were going to loose him , rushed him into the vet and they gave him something and he passed it . Now he stopped eating but mega increased drinking water and drooled constantly . so sounds like you are ok there . Sorry if i sounded alarmist but when i read anything like this I remember that day very clearly and it scares POOP out of me lol

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hmmm Rosie will slow down eating when she is constipated too, good thought , and Rosie is a pig when it comes to eating , we got one of those bowls too slow her down for fear of Bloat . When Odin ingested a rattle out of a toy we knew within a day there was a real bad problem I thought we were going to loose him , rushed him into the vet and they gave him something and he passed it . Now he stopped eating but mega increased drinking water and drooled constantly . so sounds like you are ok there . Sorry if i sounded alarmist but when i read anything like this I remember that day very clearly and it scares POOP out of me lol

Oh my goodness.....you didn't sound alarmist at all, I'm such a NEW bully mama that I have become hyper-vigilant for sure! The first day of all of this I was really concerned and had planned a trip to the vet Tuesday morning if I did not see some normal activity and poop :)

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Sure can... seriously, it works for anything going wrong . Clothes are snug.. it is because it is too hot snd muggy-- they stick to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey this is a family site enough talk about snug clothes on pretty women , i might be 60 but not dead yet !!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Oh my goodness.....you didn't sound alarmist at all, I'm such a NEW bully mama that I have become hyper-vigilant for sure! The first day of all of this I was really concerned and had planned a trip to the vet Tuesday morning if I did not see some normal activity and poop :)

lol I just care about em all lol
I know what ya mean , I have been rereading post on puppy stuff with those two coming home this weekend been a couple years since I had pups lol , just double checking what to do and not do

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
How big is she?
How much are you feeding?
What are you feeding?
Any treats between meals?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I said it before and say it again..... WE WANT LIVE CHAT!!!! I swear no one will be going it work! Lollll

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
How big is she?
How much are you feeding?
What are you feeding?
Any treats between meals?

Last vet visit she weighed 53 lbs; She gets one cup of kibble in the morning and one cup at 5pm; Life's Abundance kibble; Yes treats, little training treats (Zukes)

- - - Updated - - -

I said it before and say it again..... WE WANT LIVE CHAT!!!! I swear no one will be going it work! Lollll

SO RIGHT HELENE!!!!! :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Last vet visit she weighed 53 lbs; She gets one cup of kibble in the morning and one cup at 5pm; Life's Abundance kibble; Yes treats, little training treats (Zukes)
That doesn't sound so unusual as far as feeding is concerned. For now, just keep an eye on her weight and if she begins to drop too much have her evaluated by your Vet.
My Dozer started similar behavior and it went on for quite some time. He'd always eat breakfast but would skip or only eat half his dinner. He had a belly full of large pieces of a rubberized plastic ball. We had them removed and a few days later he was back to normal.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
That doesn't sound so unusual as far as feeding is concerned. For now, just keep an eye on her weight and if she begins to drop too much have her evaluated by your Vet.
My Dozer started similar behavior and it went on for quite some time. He'd always eat breakfast but would skip or only eat half his dinner. He had a belly full of large pieces of a rubberized plastic ball. We had them removed and a few days later he was back to normal.

Oh ugggggg that is REALLY SCARY !! Poor Dozer! I can't think of anything that Joey would have gotten torn apart, but......I will pay close attention to her still. Thank you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Would bet to put live chat on the site would cost a fortune in server time

We actually have the functionality but it REALLY slooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwws the site down to almost a snail crawl ... we voted to turn it off!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
We actually have the functionality but it REALLY slooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwws the site down to almost a snail crawl ... we voted to turn it off!

Now would that be like a mic and all so you could hear each other ? or just type in a corner type chat ?
lol that would be fun but I get it that it would slow stuff to bad

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Would bet to put live chat on the site would cost a fortune in server time

Now would that be like a mic and all so you could hear each other ? or just type in a corner type chat ?
lol that would be fun but I get it that it would slow stuff to bad

Just a box in the corner or side of screen to type

Most Reactions