Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet our new puppy...MINI...

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, Kash, Strikes, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Meet our new puppy...MINI...

I started this story in the Mods forum and after deciding to keep her thought it would be best to share with everyone...

We were contacted by a Vet in NOVA about an 8 wk old puppy, since named MINI. She had been diagnosed with PRAA. At this point it appears that that diagnosis was incorrect and a more correct diagnosis is Mega Esophagus. With Mega E there is literally no hope of placing her so we've decided that her needs would best be served staying right here with us.

I built her a Bailey Chair and after a few minor tweaks it fits her well enough. It's adjustable to a point so I figure it will be at least a month before having to build another.

She's a so-called designer color (Tri)and I suspect that her breeder ultimately created this genetic abnormality seeking a bigger paycheck...but that would be a whole different thread for a different day.
    I haven't had the pleasure of raising an 8-week old since 1995 and the rules haven't changed much for a normal bulldog, but MINI isn't quite normal. Keeping her upright for a period of time after meals and drinking water is VERY important. Not allowing her to drink or eat anything while we are not supervising her is equally important.

The sad part about a Mega E dog is they are apt to aspirate at any time, develop pneumonia, and die. We will do our best to ensure that that does not happen but are fully aware of the risks of raising a Mega E pup.

She's mostly bulldog but I think there's some Rotty in recipe...

Everyone has given her a "Puppy pass" and she's uses it often...very often...

saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg, Sophie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Meet our new puppy...MINI...

Awww Chip she is wonderful and good on you guys for keeping her , I know she will want for nothing .
    Great pics love her chair well done , I can not get over those wonderful eye,s full of love and life she truly is gorgeous Chip
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear you are keeping her and will give her the life she deserves. And yes, the breeder "created" her for more money.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Oh my goodness, my heart. She is precious. And that video of her eating!! What a hungry little nugget, the name is perfect, "Mini" - I know she's in the best of hands. Have you scheduled her surgery yet? Or has that changed now since the diagnosis has changed?

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

5. Likes oscarmayer, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

What a wonderfully lucky pup to have found you... Your amazing for taking that on and hopefully you will be rewarded with many years and a long life for the kid... She's adorable and your wonderful..

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member Daphne DuMaurier's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daphne
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    I started this story in the Mods forum and after deciding to keep her thought it would be best to share with everyone...

We were contacted by a Vet in NOVA about an 8 wk old puppy, since named MINI. She had been diagnosed with PRAA. At this point it appears that that diagnosis was incorrect and a more correct diagnosis is Mega Esophagus. With Mega E there is literally no hope of placing her so we've decided that her needs would best be served staying right here with us.

I built her a Bailey Chair and after a few minor tweaks it fits her well enough. It's adjustable to a point so I figure it will be at least a month before having to build another.

She's a so-called designer color (Tri)and I suspect that her breeder ultimately created this genetic abnormality seeking a bigger paycheck...but that would be a whole different thread for a different day.
    I haven't had the pleasure of raising an 8-week old since 1995 and the rules haven't changed much for a normal bulldog, but MINI isn't quite normal. Keeping her upright for a period of time after meals and drinking water is VERY important. Not allowing her to drink or eat anything while we are not supervising her is equally important.

The sad part about a Mega E dog is they are apt to aspirate at any time, develop pneumonia, and die. We will do our best to ensure that that does not happen but are fully aware of the risks of raising a Mega E pup.

She's mostly bulldog but I think there's some Rotty in recipe...

Everyone has given her a "Puppy pass" and she's uses it often...very often...

Ohhhhh...poor Mini and lucky Mini, all at one time. She's beautiful...but...not nearly as beautiful as you are for choosing to care for her and to love her. I will keep her and you in my thoughts. Thank you for what you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training MFrey2012's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

@oscarmayer - Chip, OMG!! Mini is the LUCKIEST puppy on the planet, She HAS the BEST parents!! Looking forward watching her journey.

Thanks and much Love,

Melissa - Ellie's Mom

10. Likes oscarmayer liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, Kash, Strikes, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Oh my goodness, my heart. She is precious. And that video of her eating!! What a hungry little nugget, the name is perfect, "Mini" - I know she's in the best of hands. Have you scheduled her surgery yet? Or has that changed now since the diagnosis has changed?
    thats changed now. 4 Vets all agree that they cannot see a stricture within the esophagus. We thought about an indoscopy but those that we rely on say it's wasted money and needless risk with gen'l anesthesia. Im inclined to agree.

saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

You're just a good soul my man just a good soul!

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

How precious!!!

"Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Chip,
    Mini is adorable... and what a lucky little girl to find a home w/you and your family. That last video was absolutely precious... let the shenanigans begin!!! Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

15. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pebbles
    Likes (Received)

Awww. How cute. What is the prognosis or chance it can be corrected later in life?

What is the purpose of the chair? To keep upright angle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads