Sad news indeed...and no, it's not about a bulldog being sick or anything like that...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Chewy has been acquired by Petsmart. I'm not a fan of Petsmart and use them only for name tags and the occasional Nylabone or Kong. This is not to say that Chewy will change anything about what makes Chewy great, but I'm confident in Big Corporate's ability to ruin a good thing in search of the almighty dollar.
As a rule, bean counters do not care about quality and exemplary customer service, they care about the bottom line...which, for Joe or Betty Consumer, SUX.
Maybe I'm wrong. Question is, did Petsmart buy Chewy because of how Chewy is run, how happy their customer base is, and their intention is to keep a good thing going...or did they buy them to eliminate the competition?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
sad indeed... I hope it is unchanged but what ever is when they sell out... or get sold or what ever happened. We shall see. I use them a lot :(

ps.... I have no idea what I was trying to say so cant edit, but yea! hope it goes well

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Tell me it isn't so. That totally sucks, as we all know it will more than likely change. Chewy has superb customer service and good prices. Guess time will tell if they change or just go away. :(

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Buying out their competition, most likely :(

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I use Chewy all of the time. Hopefully they remain the same but only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I say...... eliminate the competition!

Example off the subject....when I was younger I use to buy dressing from Renee (Canadian company) in the fridge section only. It was "all" natural and great stuff. Renee started to grow bigger and bigger as she had a great product.... Then came along Kraft! Made her an offer she couldn't refused. Must of been a hell of a big one as she was hugh. Since Kraft took over, her dressings are now CRAP! Full of fillers, sugars, preservatives and all that jazz. Her jars are also half the price I use to pay.

So my 2 cents on Petsmart.....they bought Chewy and as we say....put the stick in Chewy's wheels!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Terrible news... it's like they are become the Walmart of the pet world. I don't use Chewy's because luckily I have a local pet store that carries Fromm's, but I know that many of you that do.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Never heard or seen a Chewys in my seventeen years of visiting there

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Never heard or seen a Chewys in my seventeen years of visiting there
online only...they are outstanding in terms of reasonable pricing, free delivery, fast delivery, and customer service in general. I rate them up there with Zappos.

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
***Not to plug***

Would Petflow be an alternative to the "Chewy" crowd? Ive had amazing service with them. Free shipping, forum sponsor (or at least use to be?), quick turns, etc. Ive only used their customer service twice, but both times were great.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
This was exactly my thought! I talked to them just recently as I did do an order with them , but I had to cancel because I used wrong card, and they were amazing! I felt bad cause I felt a traitor to Chewy, but ...................
***Not to plug***

Would Petflow be an alternative to the "Chewy" crowd? Ive had amazing service with them. Free shipping, forum sponsor (or at least use to be?), quick turns, etc. Ive only used their customer service twice, but both times were great.

Florida girls

Feb 3, 2015
FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie Kae, Lady
Ugh...I've only bought food at a Petsmart once (for our cats). It had maggots in it..yuck. They did take it back but turned me off to them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online