How are your ears?

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Canelo and I have a routine, I ask him he wants to do his ears, he comes to me and bows his head. I take tissue with ear cleaner on them and gently rub and clean his ears. Well last night he kept rubbing them so I asked him if he wants to do his ears, he has a yeast infection and they were hot to the touch so I pull out the ear cleaner and quickly squeezed cleaner directly in his ears, not on the tissue. I get the cleaner from the vet and it has soothing aloe and lavender in it. Commence the frantic rubbing, shaking and running crazy. When he slowed he sat with me and let me rub his ears with clean tissue. This morning, his ears looked much better and were not hot.

This afternoon I asked him, "How are your ears?" Like a rocket he shot out of the room at top speed racing for his kennel to get away from me. A few minutes later he peeks around the corner looking to see if it's safe to come out, lol. I feel bad but couldn't keep from laughing. His coast isn't clear yet, he's getting another cleaning tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Very cute how smart Canelo is. I'd recommend something a little stronger than a cleaner if he has a yeast infection. My favourite is Zymox otic drops squirted directly in the ear then massaged in, another favourite on this group is equal parts apple cider vinegar and witch hazel in a spray bottle sprayed into the ear. If the ears are really sore still I'd recommend 1/3 apple cider vinegar with 2/3 witch hazel since that will sting less. Some other people have tried colloidal silver solution or essential oil mixtures in the ear. Continue daily for a week, then maintenance as needed eg. once weekly or when you see him scratch his ears.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Pretty smart bully. The cleaner must have burnt his ears. No more mom. LOL

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
such a smart boy.... They are so cute and seem to know our words............... when they want/need too ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They are such characters... i agree on the apple cider vinegar and witch hazel mix-- works great for Lambeau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
Boy do I know that feeling!
The first time I got that ear cleaning bottle out ALL of his attention was on the treats, until I did the first ear! I had to hold him down to get the second ear done. And he wouldn't talk to me for an hour afterwards :D
Now he runs a mile as soon as he sees the bottle. Same with his eye drops. I have to wait until he's asleep now.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
:lmaogirl::lmaogirl::lmaogirl:

lavender works wonders! As per [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] : If ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated coconut oil on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.