Bulldogs love chicken!

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
Apparently my boys love chicken dozer killed one and tore it to pieces now I got one less chicken I won't post pictures as is was very graphic.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Oh no! Jax went after my brother's ducks one time but thankfully we caught him before he did too much damage. Bulldogs can definitely have a high prey drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bummer, that sucks.

OP
NIZZLE

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
And he is bullheaded 😋 and headstrong he will not give up no matter the punishment.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Oh no! Poor chicken, not a nice way to go... Thank you for not posting pictures!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YIKES!! feathers everywhere .... thanks for holding off on the photos

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Apparently my boys love chicken dozer killed one and tore it to pieces now I got one less chicken I won't post pictures as is was very graphic.

Oh dear, poor chicken. This makes me wonder - is it common among bulldogs to have that kind of prey drive? Or did this come as a surprise? Castor is curious and goes as closely as he can when we meet rabbits, rooks, etc. but he never tries to go after them.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have barn cats. If they are on the wrong side of the fence-the dogs will take off after them-because they run. One cat won't run, and all they do is sniff him!
I think the chase is what sets most(not all) dogs off!

OP
NIZZLE

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
Ya I think the chase gets them amped up and it didn't help that the kids where running around screaming. Seemed to make him more in attack mode. I hope that they don't make a habit out of it because I love fresh chicken eggs he got a server punishment but it didn't seem to hurt his ego

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
that sucks :( I have two old lady hens that still give me eggs and are somewhat freerun but, in an area that hank doesn't go in. just a little light fence between them, but hank seems real nonchalant. I've always been concerned but so far so good. That's so sad to loose a gal :( I love my chickens. I'm sure the ole,,,,, tie the dead chicken onto him will only make him proud probably,,, and not such a good idea when there inside dogs ;/ .. So how long have they been around each other .. Was this new contact? Just curious as one day, mine slipped through the fence and both them and hank were out.. I don't know if they crossed paths and I'm lucky, orrrrrrrrrrr, if they just never saw each other so that's why there was no problem...

OP
NIZZLE

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
that sucks :( I have two old lady hens that still give me eggs and are somewhat freerun but, in an area that hank doesn't go in. just a little light fence between them, but hank seems real nonchalant. I've always been concerned but so far so good. That's so sad to loose a gal :( I love my chickens. I'm sure the ole,,,,, tie the dead chicken onto him will only make him proud probably,,, and not such a good idea when there inside dogs ;/ .. So how long have they been around each other .. Was this new contact? Just curious as one day, mine slipped through the fence and both them and hank were out.. I don't know if they crossed paths and I'm lucky, orrrrrrrrrrr, if they just never saw each other so that's why there was no problem...
They been around each other since they where puppies I really think the kids provoked them or dozer was trying to protect my daughters from the chickens

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
awwwwwwwwww! I know with any of my dogs, all breeds, that when the excitement of something gets going the predator/ or protector, or what ever it is kicks in.. When I used to have a flock, they used to 'train' any new pup that entered the yard that THEY were the boss. One would go screaming her head off getting the others to join, and they would beat up the intruder. We never had a prob cause they attacked first.. my poor sweet shih tzus never quite got over it. The chickens did, but my mama girl dog would go out so cautiously, and the other would turn to a statue and walk stiff legged back into the house if she saw that the 'girls' were out.Thats when I built yet another fence to keep them in their own yard. Love chickens and dogs, just wish that happened for you. Hope it hasn't started something!
They been around each other since they where puppies I really think the kids provoked them or dozer was trying to protect my daughters from the chickens

OP
NIZZLE

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
awwwwwwwwww! I know with any of my dogs, all breeds, that when the excitement of something gets going the predator/ or protector, or what ever it is kicks in.. When I used to have a flock, they used to 'train' any new pup that entered the yard that THEY were the boss. One would go screaming her head off getting the others to join, and they would beat up the intruder. We never had a prob cause they attacked first.. my poor sweet shih tzus never quite got over it. The chickens did, but my mama girl dog would go out so cautiously, and the other would turn to a statue and walk stiff legged back into the house if she saw that the 'girls' were out.Thats when I built yet another fence to keep them in their own yard. Love chickens and dogs, just wish that happened for you. Hope it hasn't started something!
I hopeing it was a one time deal I count on my chickens for eggs

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Poor chicken......
Bella chases the birds and squirrels out of our yard every morning not sure what she would do if she could catch one. Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.