Bulldogs love chicken!

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
Oh gosh. Effie used to love to chase geese & ducks. Luckily she has never caught one. These days she is just content with sitting & staring them down :lmao: Josie on the other hand....she runs 'em off like crazy. Her favorite thing is chasing the wild bunnies though. Drives me BONKERS. I don't know what I'll do if she happens to catch one some day :faint:

Sometimes I wonder if the chase has a lot to do with it. We also have 2 cats....Effie doesn't really bother either of them anymore (thank god!:whew:) But, Josie is new to the household & she has an obsession with chasing Penny (6/yo female)...but I think it's because Penny runs. Our other cat, Sherbert (13/yo male), stands his ground & will politely pop her in the nose when she gets too intrusive :lol: When Effie was a puppy she did the same thing! Penny screams & jumps to higher ground ASAP. We're working with Josie now, but I forgot how much stress it used to give me when Effie did it.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
boy! isn't it the truth! I'm pretty sure your right about the whole 'chase' thing. When my chickens were just chicks, they were more flighty and I would have to watch for them to run from cat or dog. As soon as they got big enough, and it only took one of them to stand down the dog or that 'fun' , was over. No more even looking at the chickens as it may make them mad and if one chicken squacks, the rest attack. Or,,, if one runs, the chase is on. and yep,,, new pup means new stress over the whole thing again ;)
Oh gosh. Effie used to love to chase geese & ducks. Luckily she has never caught one. These days she is just content with sitting & staring them down :lmao: Josie on the other hand....she runs 'em off like crazy. Her favorite thing is chasing the wild bunnies though. Drives me BONKERS. I don't know what I'll do if she happens to catch one some day :faint:

Sometimes I wonder if the chase has a lot to do with it. We also have 2 cats....Effie doesn't really bother either of them anymore (thank god!:whew:) But, Josie is new to the household & she has an obsession with chasing Penny (6/yo female)...but I think it's because Penny runs. Our other cat, Sherbert (13/yo male), stands his ground & will politely pop her in the nose when she gets too intrusive :lol: When Effie was a puppy she did the same thing! Penny screams & jumps to higher ground ASAP. We're working with Josie now, but I forgot how much stress it used to give me when Effie did it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.